Mark E Rosenberg
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Apolipoprotein J/clusterin prevents a progressive glomerulopathy of agingMark E Rosenberg
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, UMHC 736, 516 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:1893-902. 2002..These results establish a protective role of apoJ/clusterin against chronic glomerular kidney disease and support the hypothesis that apoJ/clusterin modifies immune complex metabolism and disposal...
- Identification and characterization of Sall1-expressing cells present in the adult mouse kidneyM Joynal Abedin
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, Stem Cell Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Nephron Exp Nephrol 119:e75-82. 2011..Accordingly in this study, we identified Sall1-expressing cells in the adult mouse kidney, determined their role in kidney regeneration following ischemia-reperfusion injury (IRI), and sought the effect of age on Sall1 expression...
- Cellular therapy of kidney diseasesNaohiko Imai
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, Stem Cell Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Semin Dial 22:629-35. 2009..Technological advancement in cellular therapy is expected to provide improved therapeutic options for patients with kidney diseases in the near future...
- Race disparities in U.S. nephrology fellowship trainingChavon Onumah
Department of Medicine, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, University of Minnesota, One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:390-4. 2011..The purpose of this analysis was to examine trends in the racial background of U.S. medical school graduates, internal medicine residents, nephrology fellows, and patients with ESRD...
- Do stem cells exist in the adult kidney?Sandeep Gupta
Department of Medicine and Stem Cell Institute, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Nephrol 28:607-13. 2008..This article will review the current state of knowledge regarding adult kidney stem cells and discuss future directions for kidney stem cell research...
- A role for extrarenal cells in the regeneration following acute renal failureSandeep Gupta
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, 516 Delaware Street S E, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Kidney Int 62:1285-90. 2002..The discovery of pluripotent bone marrow-derived stem cells has led to a reexamination of the cellular source and processes involved in the recovery from organ injury...
- Isolation and characterization of kidney-derived stem cellsSandeep Gupta
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:3028-40. 2006..Oct4 expression was seen in some tubular cells in the adult kidney, suggesting these cells may be candidate renal stem cells. It is proposed that MRPC participate in the regenerative response of the kidney to acute injury...
- Transplant tourism: Outcomes of United States residents who undergo kidney transplantation overseasMuna T Canales
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Transplantation 82:1658-61. 2006..Although international commerce in kidney transplantation is a reality, little is known about U.S. residents who travel abroad for kidney transplantation...
- Clusterin protects renal tubular epithelial cells from gentamicin-mediated cytotoxicityRichard A Girton
Dept of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 282:F703-9. 2002..Uptake of gentamicin into LLC-PK(1) cells was observed despite the absence of megalin. In conclusion, clusterin specifically protects against gentamicin-induced renal tubular cell injury by a megalin-independent mechanism...
- Effect of Notch activation on the regenerative response to acute renal failureSandeep Gupta
Department of Medicine and Stem Cell Institute, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F209-15. 2010..In conclusion, activation of the Notch pathway occurs following ARF. Pretreatment with the Notch ligand DLL4 enhanced recovery from ARF and represents a potential novel therapeutic option for regenerating the injured kidney...
- Stem cells and the kidney: where do we go from here?Mark E Rosenberg
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:3018-20. 2007
- Predictors of renal function following lung or heart-lung transplantationAreef Ishani
Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA and Department of Nephrology Ankara University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Kidney Int 61:2228-34. 2002..The purpose of our study was to define the rate of decline in renal function and to identify independent risk factors associated with renal failure following lung or heart-lung transplantation...