Jonathan E Rosenberg
Affiliation: University of California
- Second-line chemotherapy for hormone-refractory prostate cancer: has the time come?Jonathan E Rosenberg
University of California at San Francisco, Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Clin Prostate Cancer 3:122-4. 2004..Finding new agents that are active in the second-line setting and identifying relevant outcome variables and predictive pretreatment variables are crucial in improving survival and quality of life for this patient population...
- Phase II study of bortezomib in patients with previously treated advanced urothelial tract transitional cell carcinoma: CALGB 90207J E Rosenberg
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of California, San Francisco Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Ann Oncol 19:946-50. 2008..Response rates to second-line chemotherapy for advanced UC are low and response duration is short. Bortezomib is a proteasome inhibitor with preclinical activity against UC...
- Current status of neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancerJonathan E Rosenberg
UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1600 Divisadero Street, Box 1711, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:1729-36. 2007..Neoadjuvant strategies are a potent tool for research and should be employed to test new agents for the treatment of transitional cell carcinoma...
- Activity of second-line chemotherapy in docetaxel-refractory hormone-refractory prostate cancer patients : randomized phase 2 study of ixabepilone or mitoxantrone and prednisoneJonathan E Rosenberg
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer 110:556-63. 2007..This randomized, noncomparative, multicenter, clinical trial evaluated ixabepilone or mitoxantrone/prednisone (MP) as second-line chemotherapy for taxane-refractory, hormone-refractory, prostate cancer (HRPC)...
- Update on chemotherapy for advanced bladder cancerJonathan E Rosenberg
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Urol 174:14-20. 2005..Recent years have seen several advances in the treatment of locally advanced and metastatic bladder cancer. We summarize the current state of the art for advanced bladder cancer treatment...
- A phase II trial of R115777, an oral farnesyl transferase inhibitor, in patients with advanced urothelial tract transitional cell carcinomaJonathan E Rosenberg
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cancer 103:2035-41. 2005..R115777 is a potent farnesyl transferase inhibitor and has significant antitumor effects in vitro and in vivo...
- A retrospective evaluation of second-line chemotherapy response in hormone-refractory prostate carcinoma: second line taxane-based therapy after first-line epothilone-B analog ixabepilone (BMS-247550) therapyJonathan E Rosenberg
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cancer 106:58-62. 2006..Clinical cross-resistance of ixabepilone and taxanes in HRPC is unknown...
- Ixabepilone, mitoxantrone, and prednisone for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer after docetaxel-based therapy: a phase 2 study of the Department Of Defense Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials ConsortiumAndrea L Harzstark
Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Cancer 117:2419-25. 2011..Phase 1 testing determined the maximum tolerated dose and dose-limiting toxicities with the combination regimen; a phase 2 study was conducted to evaluate the activity of the combination...
- A phase I trial of docetaxel/estramustine/imatinib in patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancerAmy M Lin
UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 5:323-8. 2007..Imatinib inhibits the platelet-derived growth factor receptor that is expressed in prostate cancer and is synergistic with taxanes in preclinical prostate cancer models...
- Phase I study of ixabepilone, mitoxantrone, and prednisone in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer previously treated with docetaxel-based therapy: a study of the department of defense prostate cancer clinical trials consortiumJonathan E Rosenberg
Department of Medicine, University of California San Franscisco, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1600 Divisadero St, Box 1711, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2772-8. 2009..Mitoxantrone plus prednisone and ixabepilone each have modest activity as second-line chemotherapy in docetaxel-refractory castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) patients. Clinical noncrossresistance was previously observed...
- A phase 1 study of everolimus and sorafenib for metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinomaAndrea L Harzstark
Department of Medicine, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 1711, USA
Cancer 117:4194-200. 2011....
- Phase I clinical trial of the CYP17 inhibitor abiraterone acetate demonstrating clinical activity in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer who received prior ketoconazole therapyCharles J Ryan
Urologic Oncology Program, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1481-8. 2010..This phase I dose-escalation study of abiraterone acetate evaluated safety, pharmacokinetics, and effects on steroidogenesis and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels in men with CPRC with or without prior ketoconazole therapy...
- Evaluation and significance of circulating epithelial cells in patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancerJorge A Garcia
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
BJU Int 99:519-24. 2007....
- Venous thromboembolic events with vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trialsGuru Sonpavde
Department of Medicine, Section of Medical Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham UAB, AL, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 87:80-9. 2013..85 (95% CI: 0.58-1.25, p=0.41), respectively. No difference in risk was found based on tumor type, age and trial design. The majority of trials exhibited high quality per Jadad scoring and no heterogeneity or publication bias was found...
- A phase I study of a 2-day lapatinib chemosensitization pulse preceding nanoparticle albumin-bound Paclitaxel for advanced solid malignanciesAmy J Chien
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0875, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:5569-75. 2009..This study investigates the clinical relevance of this approach...
- A phase II trial of imatinib mesylate in patients with biochemical relapse of prostate cancer after definitive local therapyAmy M Lin
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
BJU Int 98:763-9. 2006..East Hanover, NJ, USA), as measured by prostate-specific antigen (PSA) kinetics in men with biochemical relapse of prostate cancer after definitive local therapy...
- Antitumor activity and biomarker analysis of sunitinib in patients with bevacizumab-refractory metastatic renal cell carcinomaBrian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology and Urology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Desk R35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3743-8. 2008..To assess the safety and efficacy of sunitinib in patients with bevacizumab-refractory metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) and explore biomarkers for sunitinib response...
- Patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma with long-term disease-free survival after treatment with sunitinib and resection of residual metastasesBrian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, OH 44195, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 5:232-4. 2006..Herein, we report 2 cases of patients with cytokine-refractory metastatic RCC who received sunitinib and achieved sufficient decrease in tumor burden to permit subsequent surgical resection, resulting in long-term CR...