Lee S Rosen
Affiliation: University of California
- A phase I first-in-human study of TRC105 (Anti-Endoglin Antibody) in patients with advanced cancerLee S Rosen
UCLA Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA90404, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:4820-9. 2012..Patients and Methods: Patients received escalating doses of intravenous TRC105 until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity using a standard 3 + 3 phase I design...
- A phase I dose-escalation study of Tivantinib (ARQ 197) in adult patients with metastatic solid tumorsLee S Rosen
UCLA Division of Hematology Oncology, Los Angeles, CA 90404, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:7754-64. 2011..This open-label, phase I, dose-escalation study evaluated the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of tivantinib in patients with advanced or metastatic solid tumors refractory to standard therapy...
- Safety and pharmacokinetics of ganitumab (AMG 479) combined with sorafenib, panitumumab, erlotinib, or gemcitabine in patients with advanced solid tumorsLee S Rosen
Premiere Oncology, Santa Monica, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:3414-27. 2012....
- The effect of different dosing regimens of motesanib on the gallbladder: a randomized phase 1b study in patients with advanced solid tumorsLee S Rosen
Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Santa Monica, CA, USA
BMC Cancer 13:242. 2013..Gallbladder toxicity, including cholecystitis, has been reported with motesanib, an orally administered small-molecule antagonist of VEGFRs 1, 2 and 3; PDGFR; and Kit. We assessed effects of motesanib on gallbladder size and function...
- Inhibitors of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptorLee S Rosen
Cancer Institute Medical Group, St John s Health Center, 2001 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 560W, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 16:1173-87. 2002..As we learn more about the VEGF pathways in the laboratory and the clinic, we can interpret with greater certainty what role these drugs or their successors will have in the treatment of human cancers...
- Long-term efficacy and safety of zoledronic acid in the treatment of skeletal metastases in patients with nonsmall cell lung carcinoma and other solid tumors: a randomized, Phase III, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialLee S Rosen
Developmental Therapeutics, Cancer Institute Medical Group, Los Angeles, California 90025, USA
Cancer 100:2613-21. 2004..In the current study, they update these results and report the long-term efficacy and safety of 21 months of treatment with zoledronic acid in a randomized, placebo-controlled trial...
- Phase 1 study of TLK286 (Telcyta) administered weekly in advanced malignanciesLee S Rosen
Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:3689-98. 2004..Patients underwent tumor assessments on day 43, and those patients receiving clinical benefit continued on treatment until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Safety was assessed by the WHO criteria...
- Zoledronic acid is superior to pamidronate for the treatment of bone metastases in breast carcinoma patients with at least one osteolytic lesionLee S Rosen
Cancer Institute Medical Group, Santa Monica, California, USA
Cancer 100:36-43. 2004..Treatment with zoledronic acid (Zol) was compared with a dose of 90 mg of pamidronate (Pam) in breast carcinoma (BC) patients with at least 1 osteolytic lesion based on data from a Phase III, randomized trial...
- Safety, pharmacokinetics, and antitumor activity of AMG 386, a selective angiopoietin inhibitor, in adult patients with advanced solid tumorsRoy S Herbst
Premiere Oncology, California, 2020 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite 600, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3557-65. 2009..AMG 386 also appeared to impact tumor vascularity and showed antitumor activity in this patient population...
- Phase 1 dose-escalation trial evaluating the combination of the selective MET (mesenchymal-epithelial transition factor) inhibitor tivantinib (ARQ 197) plus erlotinibJonathan W Goldman
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cancer 118:5903-11. 2012..This phase 1 trial assessed the safety, pharmacokinetics, and preliminary antitumor activity of tivantinib combined with the EGFR inhibitor erlotinib...
- Safety, pharmacokinetics, and efficacy of AMG 706, an oral multikinase inhibitor, in patients with advanced solid tumorsLee S Rosen
Premiere Oncology, Santa Monica, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2369-76. 2007..This phase I, dose-finding study evaluated the safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of AMG 706 in patients with refractory advanced solid tumors...
- Biologic approaches to the treatment of gastrointestinal malignancyLee S Rosen
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 14:431-8. 2002..Discussed here are agents targeting the vascular endothelial growth factor as an example of an angiogenesis inhibitor, and agents targeting the epidermal growth factor receptor, the ras oncogene, and the immune system...
- VEGF-targeted therapy: therapeutic potential and recent advancesLee S Rosen
John Wayne Cancer Institute and St John s Health Center, Santa Monica, California, USA
Oncologist 10:382-91. 2005..This review article focuses on recent developments in the use of angiogenesis inhibitors for the treatment of breast, lung, and colorectal cancers...
- Zoledronic acid versus placebo in the treatment of skeletal metastases in patients with lung cancer and other solid tumors: a phase III, double-blind, randomized trial--the Zoledronic Acid Lung Cancer and Other Solid Tumors Study GroupLee S Rosen
Cancer Institute Medical Group, 11818 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3150-7. 2003..To assess the efficacy and safety of zoledronic acid in patients with bone metastases secondary to solid tumors other than breast or prostate cancer...
- A first in human, safety, pharmacokinetics, and clinical activity phase I study of once weekly administration of the Hsp90 inhibitor ganetespib (STA-9090) in patients with solid malignanciesJonathan W Goldman
UCLA Medical Center, Suite 600, 2020 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
BMC Cancer 13:152. 2013..This phase I study investigated the maximum tolerated dose (MTD), safety, pharmacokinetics and antitumor activity of ganetespib in patients with solid malignancies...
- Targeting signal transduction pathways in metastatic breast cancer: a comprehensive reviewLee S Rosen
Premiere Oncology, 2020 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 600, Santa Monica, California 90404, USA
Oncologist 15:216-35. 2010..The aim of this review is to summarize some of the key signaling pathways involved in tumor progression and some of the novel therapies that are in development for MBC...
- New generation of bisphosphonates: broad clinical utility in breast and prostate cancerLee S Rosen
Cancer Institute Medical Group, Santa Monica, California, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 18:26-32. 2004..Clinical trials addressing the treatment of bone metastases related to prostate cancer have shown zoledronic acid to be the only bisphosphonate to have a significant positive effect on skeletal-related events...
- Long-term efficacy and safety of zoledronic acid compared with pamidronate disodium in the treatment of skeletal complications in patients with advanced multiple myeloma or breast carcinoma: a randomized, double-blind, multicenter, comparative trialLee S Rosen
Developmental Therapeutics, Cancer Institute Medical Group, Santa Monica, California 90095, USA
Cancer 98:1735-44. 2003..The goal of the current study was to compare the long-term (25-month) safety and efficacy of zoledronic acid with pamidronate in patients with bone lesions secondary to advanced breast carcinoma or multiple myeloma...
- Palifermin reduces the incidence of oral mucositis in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with fluorouracil-based chemotherapyLee S Rosen
Premiere Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, St John s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5194-200. 2006....
- Axitinib is an active treatment for all histologic subtypes of advanced thyroid cancer: results from a phase II studyEzra E W Cohen
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Division of Biological Sciences, 5801 S Ellis, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4708-13. 2008..This multi-institutional study assessed the activity and safety of axitinib, an oral, potent, and selective inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors (VEGFR) 1, 2, and 3 in patients with advanced thyroid cancer...
- Phase I study of TLK286 (glutathione S-transferase P1-1 activated glutathione analogue) in advanced refractory solid malignanciesLee S Rosen
Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:1628-38. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine the dose-limiting toxicities (DLTs), the maximum tolerated dose, and the pharmacokinetics of the novel glutathione analog TLK286 administered by i.v. infusion...
- Phase II trial of irinotecan in combination with amifostine in patients with advanced colorectal carcinomaMaria L Delioukina
University of California at Los Angeles Center for the Health Sciences and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cancer 94:2174-9. 2002....
- New approaches to assessing and treating early-stage colon and rectal cancer: summary statement from 2007 Santa Monica ConferenceLee S Rosen
Premiere Oncology, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:6853s-6s. 2007....
- Sunitinib induces hypothyroidism in advanced cancer patients and may inhibit thyroid peroxidase activityElaine Wong
Endocrinology and Diabetes Division, Veterans Administration Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California, USA
Thyroid 17:351-5. 2007..Sunitinib is a novel tyrosine kinase inhibitor with antitumor and antiangiogenic effects. An observed higher than expected rate of hypothyroidism in sunitinib-treated patients prompted assessment of the incidence of hypothyroidism...
- Efficacy and safety of zoledronic acid in the treatment of bone metastases associated with lung cancer and other solid tumorsLee S Rosen
Cancer Institute Medical Group, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Semin Oncol 29:28-32. 2002..This was the first demonstration of palliative efficacy for bisphosphonate therapy in patients with bone metastases from a wide variety of solid tumors...
- Clinical experience with angiogenesis signaling inhibitors: focus on vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) blockersLee S Rosen
UCLA Jonsson Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7059, USA
Cancer Control 9:36-44. 2002..Angiogenesis, the role of VEGF in angiogenesis and malignancy, and strategies for cancer treatment with VEGF inhibitors are discussed...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for metastatic colon cancer: a cautionary noteAnton J Bilchik
John Wayne Cancer Institute at St John s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:9073-8. 2005
- Phase I Study of BIIB028, a Selective Heat Shock Protein 90 Inhibitor, in Patients with Refractory Metastatic or Locally Advanced Solid TumorsDavid Hong
Authors Affiliations Department of Investigational Cancer Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas Biogen Idec, Cambridge, Massachusetts Genoptix Novartis, Carlsbad and UCLA Division of Hematology Oncology, Santa Monica, California
Clin Cancer Res 19:4824-31. 2013..We conducted a phase I dose-finding and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic study of BIIB028, a prodrug designed to inhibit Hsp90 activity...