S R Rose
Affiliation: University of Tennessee
- Diagnosis of hidden central hypothyroidism in survivors of childhood cancerS R Rose
University of Tennessee, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, and Methodist LeBonheur Children s Medical Center, Memphis 38103, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:4472-9. 1999..Both TSH surge and response to TRH must be evaluated to identify all of these patients...
- Diagnosis of ACTH deficiency. Comparison of overnight metyrapone test to either low-dose or high-dose ACTH testS R Rose
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee, Memphis and Methodist LeBonheur Children s Medical Center, Memphis, TN, USA
Horm Res 52:73-9. 1999..In contrast, the low dose ACTH test accurately diagnoses 90% of patients with ACTH deficiency (100% sensitivity, 68% specificity). The low-dose ACTH test can serve as an accurate and practical screening test for adequacy of ACTH reserve...
- CNS germinoma: disease control and long-term functional outcome for 12 children treated with craniospinal irradiationT E Merchant
Department of Radiation Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 46:1171-6. 2000..To provide evidence that radiation therapy alone in the form of craniospinal irradiation (CSI) and a boost to the primary site of disease provides effective disease control and limited additional morbidity for patients with CNS germinoma...
- Disorders of thyrotropin synthesis, secretion, and functionS R Rose
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 12:375-81. 2000..The action of thyrotropin at the thyroid cell was assessed as a growth factor and as an influence on tyrosine sulfate content of thyroglobulin. Such basic and clinical science advances are rapidly affecting clinical care...
- Bone mineral decrements in survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: frequency of occurrence and risk factors for their developmentS C Kaste
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, St Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Leukemia 15:728-34. 2001..BMD z scores of patients who received higher doses of antimetabolites were lower than those of other patients. Childhood ALL survivors are at risk to have low BMD, especially males, Caucasians, and those who received cranial irradiation...