G A Rooke
Affiliation: University of Washington
- The effect of isoflurane, halothane, sevoflurane, and thiopental/nitrous oxide on respiratory system resistance after tracheal intubationG A Rooke
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System and the University of Washington, Seattle 98108, USA
Anesthesiology 86:1294-9. 1997..This study compared the bronchodilating efficacy of four anesthetic maintenance regimens: 1.1 minimum alveolar concentration (MAC) end-tidal sevoflurane, isoflurane or halothane, and thiopental/nitrous oxide...
- Cardiovascular aging and anesthetic implicationsG Alec Rooke
University of Washington and Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 17:512-23. 2003
- Long-duration low-flow sevoflurane and isoflurane effects on postoperative renal and hepatic functionE D Kharasch
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Anesth Analg 93:1511-20, table of contents. 2001..Proteinuria and glucosuria were common and nonspecific postoperative findings. Long-duration low-flow sevoflurane seems as safe as long-duration low-flow isoflurane anesthesia...
- Systolic blood pressure at end-expiration measured by the automated systolic pressure variation monitor is equivalent to systolic blood pressure during apneaH A Schwid
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington, Anesthesia Service, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
J Clin Monit Comput 16:115-20. 2000....
- Screen-based anesthesia simulation with debriefing improves performance in a mannequin-based anesthesia simulatorH A Schwid
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, 663 112A, 1660 South Columbian Way, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Teach Learn Med 13:92-6. 2001..Previous investigations have established the need for improved training for management of anesthetic emergencies. Training with inexpensive screen-based anesthesia simulators may prove to be helpful...
- Evaluation of anesthesia residents using mannequin-based simulation: a multiinstitutional studyHoward A Schwid
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Anesthesiology 97:1434-44. 2002..Valid and reliable simulated scenarios and grading systems must be developed to use simulation for evaluation of anesthesia residents...
- Anesthesiology and geriatric medicine: mutual needs and opportunitiesG Alec Rooke
Anesthesiology 96:2-4. 2002
- Priorities in perioperative geriatricsDavid J Cook
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Anesth Analg 96:1823-36. 2003