John A Romley
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Spending and mortality in US acute care hospitalsJohn A Romley
RAND Corporation, 3335 S Figueroa St Unit A, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Am J Manag Care 19:e46-54. 2013..Studies have been limited to older data, specific US states and conditions, and the Medicare population...
- Survey results show that adults are willing to pay higher insurance premiums for generous coverage of specialty drugsJohn A Romley
Price School of Public Policy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:683-90. 2012..Given the value that people assign to generous coverage of specialty drugs, having high cost sharing on these drugs seemingly runs contrary to what people value in their health insurance...
- Hospital spending and inpatient mortality: evidence from California: an observational studyJohn A Romley
Leonard D Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics, University of Southern California, 650 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:160-7. 2011..The relationship between hospital spending and inpatient mortality is less well understood...
- How costly is hospital quality? A revealed-preference approachJohn A Romley
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, and the RAND Corporation
J Ind Econ 59:578-608. 2011..Thus, non-clinical aspects of the hospital experience (perhaps including patient amenities) play important roles in hospital demand, competition, and costs...
- How cancer patients value hope and the implications for cost-effectiveness assessments of high-cost cancer therapiesDarius N Lakdawalla
Leonard D Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:676-82. 2012....
- The Disability burden of COPDJulia Thornton Snider
Precision Health Economics, Los Angeles, CA, USA
COPD 9:513-21. 2012..Our results are consistent with the hypothesis that COPD imposes a substantial burden on American society by inhibiting employment and creating disability...
- Mortality Among High-Risk Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction Admitted to US Teaching-Intensive Hospitals in July: A Retrospective Observational StudyAnupam B Jena
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, and the National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, MA A B J Department of Anesthesia, Stanford University Hospitals, Stanford, CA E C S and the Leonard D Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA and RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA J A R
Circulation 128:2754-63. 2013....
- Exenatide therapy and the risk of pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer in a privately insured populationJohn A Romley
Leonard D Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics and Price School of Public Policy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 14:904-11. 2012..Postmarketing reports have linked exenatide use with acute pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer, but a definitive relationship has yet to be established...