Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Unusual paraneoplastic syndromes of breast carcinoma: a combination of cerebellar degeneration and Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic SyndromeL Romics
Department of Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 180:569-71. 2011..However, a combination of LEMS and subacute cerebellar degeneration as paraneoplastic syndromes is extremely rare, and has never been described in association with breast cancer...
- [Significance of Toll-like receptors in the pathophysiology of surgical sepsis]Laszlo Romics
Department of Surgery, Cork University Hospital, National University of Ireland, Cork, Ireland
Magy Seb 57:229-35. 2004..The paper also analyses the possible therapeutic utilization of the TLR signalling pathways in surgical sepsis...
- [Oncoplastic approach in breast cancer surgery--a new challenge for the future breast surgeon?]Laszlo Romics
Glasgow Western Infirmary Department of Surgery, Glasgow G4 OSF, United Kingdom
Magy Seb 61:5-11. 2008..Breast oncoplastic training is an interdisciplinary task, which combines surgical oncological management of breast cancers with aesthetic/reconstructive breast surgery...
- Intracystic papillary carcinoma in a male as a rare presentation of breast cancer: a case report and literature reviewLaszlo Romics
Department of Surgery, Cork University Hospital, University College Cork, Wilton Road, Cork, Ireland
J Med Case Reports 3:13. 2009..Intracystic papillary carcinoma in men is an extremely rare disease with only a few case presentations published in the literature so far...
- Initial experiences with isolated limb perfusion for unresectable melanoma of the limbL Romics
Department of Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 180:517-20. 2011..Our initial results with isolated limb perfusion (ILP) using melphalan ± TNF alpha in patients with unresectable melanoma of the limb were analyzed...
- Massive retroperitoneal ganglioneuroma presenting with small bowel obstruction 18 years following initial diagnosisE M P Cronin
Surgical Professorial Unit, Department of Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 174:63-6. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: Ganglioneuroma can grow to a massive size and present in a varied manner. It should be included in the differential diagnosis of any large retroperitoneal or mediastinal mass, including those causing bowel obstruction...
- Rapid intraoperative parathyroid hormone assay--more than just a comfort measureF Hanif
Department of Surgery, National University of Ireland, Cork, and Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland
World J Surg 30:156-61. 2006..Moreover, it precludes the requirement of frozen section...