Allan E Rodriguez
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Substituting abacavir for hyperlipidemia-associated protease inhibitors in HAART regimens improves fasting lipid profiles, maintains virologic suppression, and simplifies treatmentPhilip H Keiser
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
BMC Infect Dis 5:2. 2005..Hyperlipidemia secondary to protease inhibitors (PI) may abate by switching to anti-HIV medications without lipid effects...
- Differences in HIV-related hospitalization trends between Haitian-born blacks and US-born blacksAllan E Rodriguez
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:529-34. 2007..To examine the HIV care needs and hospital admission patterns of HIV-positive Haitian-born blacks (Haitians) and compare them with those of US-born blacks (Blacks)...
- Effect of class-specific therapy interruption on persistence of HIV type 1 antiretroviral resistanceRafael E Campo
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Miami School of Medicine, 1500 NW 12th Avenue, 8th Floor West, Miami, FL 33136, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 19:653-6. 2003..We hypothesize that this finding may be due to nonspecific selective pressure (i.e., to nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors) selecting out PI- and, to a lesser extent, NNRTI-resistant viral variants...
- Depressive symptoms and food insufficiency among HIV-infected crack users in Atlanta and MiamiNicholas S Vogenthaler
Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
AIDS Behav 15:1520-6. 2011..Improved recognition and mitigation of these conditions will help alleviate their contribution to HIV-related adverse health outcomes...
- Early virologic nonresponse to tenofovir, abacavir, and lamivudine in HIV-infected antiretroviral-naive subjectsJoel E Gallant
Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Infect Dis 192:1921-30. 2005..Antiretroviral combinations that reduce the number of pills and dosing frequency have the potential to simplify therapy. We compared 2 regimens dosed as 2 pills once daily...
- A randomized controlled trial of Structural Ecosystems Therapy for HIV medication adherence and substance abuse relapse preventionDaniel J Feaster
Center for Family Studies, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 111:227-34. 2010..Substance abuse in women with HIV/AIDS overshadows other priorities, including health care. Substance abuse may cause women to avoid health care systems and not adhere to their medication regimen...
- Food insufficiency among HIV-infected crack-cocaine users in Atlanta and MiamiNicholas S Vogenthaler
Division of Infectious Diseases, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Public Health Nutr 13:1478-84. 2010..To measure the occurrence and correlates of food insufficiency among HIV-infected crack-cocaine users in Atlanta and Miami, USA...
- Differences in the frequency of resistance to antiretroviral drug classes among human immunodeficiency virus type 1 clinical isolatesRafael E Campo
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Clin Microbiol 41:3376-8. 2003....
- Efficacy and Safety of Abacavir/Lamivudine/Zidovudine Plus Tenofovir in HBV/HIV-1 Coinfected Adults: 48-Week DataAllan E Rodriguez
University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
Open AIDS J 4:167-70. 2010..These results demonstrate that abacavir/lamivudine/zidovudine and tenofovir were well tolerated with sustained HIV-1 and HBV antiviral activity through 48 weeks in HBV/HIV-coinfected, antiretroviral-naïve subjects...
- Lopinavir/ritonavir maintenance monotherapy after successful viral suppression with standard highly active antiretroviral therapy in HIV-1-infected patientsRafael E Campo
AIDS 19:447-9. 2005
- Prevalence of antiretroviral drug resistance and resistance-associated mutations in antiretroviral therapy-naïve HIV-infected individuals from 40 United States citiesLisa Ross
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
HIV Clin Trials 8:1-8. 2007..As treatment strategies and utilization of antiretroviral drugs evolve, patterns of transmitted mutations may shift...