Aylin R Rodan
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Hemodialysis catheter insertion: is increased PO2 a sign of arterial cannulation? A case reportJulio C Chirinos
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, Texas, USA
BMC Nephrol 15:127. 2014..We describe the finding of a rare left-sided partial anomalous pulmonary vein connection during central venous catheterization for continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT)...
- The Drosophila NKCC Ncc69 is required for normal renal tubule functionAylin R Rodan
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 303:C883-94. 2012..Thus, Ncc69 plays an important role in transepithelial ion and fluid transport in the fly renal tubule and is a target for regulation in antidiuretic states...
- Distal potassium handling based on flow modulation of maxi-K channel activityAylin R Rodan
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8856, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 18:350-5. 2009..This review considers several human disorders characterized by hypokalemia and hyperkalemia, as well as mouse models of these disorders, and the mechanisms by which ROMK and maxi-K may be dysregulated...
- Long-lasting, experience-dependent alcohol preference in DrosophilaRaniero L Peru Y Colón de Portugal
Department of Psychiatry, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA Program in Neuroscience, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Addict Biol 19:392-401. 2014....
- Recent advances in distal tubular potassium handlingAylin R Rodan
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, UT, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F821-7. 2011..We also discuss outstanding questions and propose working models for future investigation...
- Hypotonicity stimulates potassium flux through the WNK-SPAK/OSR1 kinase cascade and the Ncc69 sodium-potassium-2-chloride cotransporter in the Drosophila renal tubuleYipin Wu
From the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8856
J Biol Chem 289:26131-42. 2014....
- Adult neuronal Arf6 controls ethanol-induced behavior with Arfaptin downstream of Rac1 and RhoGAP18BRaniero L Peru Y Colón de Portugal
Department of Psychiatry and Program in Neuroscience, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Neurosci 32:17706-13. 2012..Arf6 acts downstream of Rac1 and Arfaptin to regulate ethanol-induced behaviors, and we thus demonstrate that this conserved Rac1/Arfaptin/Arf6 pathway is a major mediator of ethanol-induced behavioral responses...