Caio M Rocha-Lima
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Randomized phase II trial of gemcitabine plus irinotecan or docetaxel in stage IIIB or stage IV NSCLCC M Rocha Lima
University of Miami and Sylvester Cancer Center, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Ann Oncol 15:410-8. 2004..To evaluate the activity and tolerability of gemcitabine plus irinotecan or docetaxel as first-line chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Pancreatic cancer clusters and arsenic-contaminated drinking water wells in FloridaWen Liu-Mares
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW 14th St, CRB 1512, Miami, FL 33136, USA
BMC Cancer 13:111. 2013..We sought to identify high-risk areas of pancreatic cancer incidence, and determine if clusters of persons diagnosed with pancreatic cancer were more likely to be located near arsenic-contaminated drinking water wells...
- A phase 1 trial of E7974 administered on day 1 of a 21-day cycle in patients with advanced solid tumorsCaio M Rocha-Lima
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Miami and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, Florida, USA
Cancer 118:4262-70. 2012..E7974, a synthetic analog of hemiasterlin, interacts with the tubulin molecule and overcomes resistance to other antitubulin drugs (taxanes and vinca alkaloids)...
- New directions in the management of advanced pancreatic cancer: a reviewCaio M Rocha-Lima
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and Sylvester Cancer Center, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Anticancer Drugs 19:435-46. 2008..This review focuses on the recent developments in systemic treatment, and discusses how novel agents might be incorporated into future treatment strategies for pancreatic cancer...
- Phase II trial of irinotecan/gemcitabine as second-line therapy for relapsed and refractory small-cell lung cancer: Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study 39902C M Rocha-Lima
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Ann Oncol 18:331-7. 2007..This phase II study evaluated the efficacy and safety of the irinotecan/gemcitabine combination in patients with relapsed/refractory small-cell lung cancer (SCLC)...
- Irinotecan plus gemcitabine results in no survival advantage compared with gemcitabine monotherapy in patients with locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer despite increased tumor response rateCaio M Rocha Lima
University of Miami and Sylvester Cancer Center, Miami, FL 33162, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:3776-83. 2004....
- A phase I study of sequential administration of escalating doses of intravenous paclitaxel, oral topotecan, and fixed-dose oral etoposide in patients with solid tumorsCaio M S Rocha Lima
Department of Medicine, University of Miami Sylvester Cancer Center, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Cancer 100:2671-9. 2004....
- Phase II study of gemcitabine, oxaliplatin, and cetuximab in advanced pancreatic cancerJaime R Merchan
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 35:446-50. 2012..Little progress has been made in the treatment of pancreatic cancer (PC). This study evaluated the clinical activity of gemcitabine, oxaliplatin, and cetuximab (GOC) in patients with locally advanced or metastatic PC...
- A retrospective study of neoadjuvant FOLFIRINOX in unresectable or borderline-resectable locally advanced pancreatic adenocarcinomaPeter J Hosein
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, FL, USA
BMC Cancer 12:199. 2012..We investigated this combination as neoadjuvant therapy for locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC)...
- Role of combined-modality therapy in the management of locally advanced rectal cancerPeter J Hosein
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 7:369-75. 2008..Ongoing trials are testing the integration of newer cytotoxic agents such as capecitabine, oxaliplatin, irinotecan, and biologic agents such as cetuximab and bevacizumab to chemoradiation...
- EGFR targeting of solid tumorsCaio M Rocha-Lima
Department of Hematology Oncology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33136, USA
Cancer Control 14:295-304. 2007..Recent clinical trials suggest that epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-targeted agents could benefit many patients with cancer...
- Advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer: molecular targeted therapiesSoley Bayraktar
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 77:606-19. 2010..This review describes some of the important developments and targeted agents for pancreatic cancer that have been tested in clinical trials...
- Molecular basis and management of gastrointestinal stromal tumorsUlas D Bayraktar
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami, 1475 NW 12th Ave, St 3300, Miami, FL 33136, USA
World J Gastroenterol 16:2726-34. 2010..Finally, we will introduce novel therapeutic options for imatinib- and sunitinib-resistant GISTs...
- Severe colitis associated with docetaxel use: A report of four casesAndres F Carrion
Andres F Carrion, Peter J Hosein, Eugene M Cooper, Liset Pelaez, Caio M Rocha Lima, Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Hematology Oncology, Pathology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, United States
World J Gastrointest Oncol 2:390-4. 2010..These cases provide some insight into the spectrum and varied clinical presentations of severe colitis associated with taxane-based chemotherapy...
- Phase II trial of paclitaxel-topotecan-etoposide followed by consolidation chemoradiotherapy for limited-stage small cell lung cancer: CALGB 30002Antonius A Miller
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
J Thorac Oncol 2:645-51. 2007....