Affiliation: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Review article: current perspectives on hypergastrinaemia and enterochromaffin-like-cell hyperplasiaM Robinson
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma Foundation for Digestive Research, Oklahoma City, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 13:5-10. 1999..Furthermore, neither animal nor human data obtained with rabeprazole suggest a significant risk for neoplastic changes secondary to hypergastrinaemia...
- Proton pump inhibitors: update on their role in acid-related gastrointestinal diseasesM Robinson
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Int J Clin Pract 59:709-15. 2005..New data, in addition, highlight differences in PPI metabolism that may both affect efficacy and predispose patients to drug-drug interactions. PPI selection should involve the awareness of these issues...
- Review article: pH, healing and symptom relief with rabeprazole treatment in acid-related disordersM Robinson
Oklahoma Foundation for Digestive Research, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK 74104, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:30-7. 2004....
- Review article: the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of proton pump inhibitors--overview and clinical implicationsM Robinson
Oklahoma Foundation for Digestive Research, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:1-10. 2004..A brief overview presents the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of the proton pump inhibitors with particular attention paid to rabeprazole, one of the newer drugs in its class...
- Clinical pharmacology of proton pump inhibitors: what the practising physician needs to knowMalcolm Robinson
Department of Medicine, Oklahoma Foundation for Digestive Research, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Drugs 63:2739-54. 2003..g. increased digoxin absorption or inability to absorb ketoconazole)...
- Onset of symptom relief with rabeprazole: a community-based, open-label assessment of patients with erosive oesophagitisM Robinson
Oklahoma Foundation for Digestive Research, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104 5022, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:445-54. 2002..In numerous clinical trials, proton pump inhibitors have demonstrated potent acid suppression and healing of erosive oesophagitis, as well as successful symptom relief for the entire spectrum of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease...
- Dyspepsia: challenges in diagnosis and selection of treatmentM Robinson
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma Foundation for Digestive Research, Oklahoma City 73104 5022, USA
Clin Ther 23:1130-44; discussion 1129. 2001..Despite considerable study, the pathophysiology of dyspepsia remains obscure. This and other factors have impeded development of precise and effective treatment strategies...
- New-generation proton pump inhibitors: overcoming the limitations of early-generation agentsM Robinson
Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:S43-7. 2001..Unlike esomeprazole, the use of rabeprazole is not complicated by clinically significant drug-drug interactions of the type that have been reported for omeprazole and the wide range of medications metabolized by CYP 2C19...
- Control of nocturnal gastric acidity: a role for low dose bedtime ranitidine to supplement daily omeprazoleMalcolm Robinson
Oklahoma Foundation for Digestive Research, University of Oklahoma, Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, USA
Dig Dis Sci 47:265-73. 2002....
- Time esophageal pH < 4 overestimates the prevalence of pathologic esophageal reflux in subjects with gastroesophageal reflux disease treated with proton pump inhibitorsLauren B Gerson
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
BMC Gastroenterol 8:15. 2008..A Stanford University study reported that in asymptomatic GERD patients who were being treated with a proton pump inhibitor (PPI), 50% had pathologic esophageal acid exposure...
- Measurement of meal-stimulated gastric acid secretion by in vivo gastric autotitrationJerry D Gardner
Science for Organizations, Inc, Chatham, New Jersey 07928, USA
J Appl Physiol 92:427-34. 2002..72; P = 0.0001). Thus intragastric autotitration is a convenient, reproducible method for measuring gastric acid secretion after ingestion of a solid meal and offers several advantages over manual intragastric titration...