Lary A Robinson
Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Aspergillus and other fungiL A Robinson
Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, USA
Chest Surg Clin N Am 9:193-225, x. 1999..Newer antifungal agents, along with an occasional pulmonary resection, have improved the treatment options and the survival from invasive fungal infections in immunocompromised patients...
- Bone localizationL A Robinson
Department of Surgery, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 8:565-76, xi. 1999..The recently described intraoperative use of the hand-held gamma probe now allows for great accuracy and sensitivity in the radioisotope-guided open biopsy of clinically suspected bone metastases...
- Radio-guided surgical biopsy for the diagnosis of suspected osseous metastasesL A Robinson
Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, USA
Q J Nucl Med 45:38-46. 2001..The use of this technique obviates the need to obtain intraoperative localizing radiographs to confirm accurate rib identification, thereby substantially decreasing operative time...
- Treatment of non-small cell lung cancer-stage IIIA: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (2nd edition)Lary A Robinson
Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Thoracic Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Dr, Tampa, FL 33612 9497, USA
Chest 132:243S-265S. 2007..Study designs and results are summarized in evidence tables...
- Treatment of stage IIIA non-small cell lung cancerLary A Robinson
Thoracic Oncology Program, Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612 9497, USA
Chest 123:202S-220S. 2003..Controversy abounds as to the optimal treatment of the various stage IIIA subsets, which is fueled by a lack of meaningful, large randomized trials. Multimodality therapy of some type appears to be preferable in stage IIIA patients...
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the pleuraLary A Robinson
Thoracic Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 13:264-9. 2006..Only about 800 cases have been reported in the medical literature. The tumor appears to be unrelated to malignant pleural mesothelioma, the most common primary tumor of the pleura...
- Clinical efficacy and predictive molecular markers of neoadjuvant gemcitabine and pemetrexed in resectable non-small cell lung cancerGerold Bepler
Program and Department of Thoracic Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Thorac Oncol 3:1112-8. 2008..The goal was to achieve a disease response rate of 50% and to determine if the expression levels of genes associated with GP metabolism are predictive of response...
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma: a comprehensive reviewRoohi Ismail-Khan
Thoracic Oncology Program, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 13:255-63. 2006..In patients with advanced disease, several newer antitumor agents are already showing a capability of extending survival so it is not unreasonable to expect further progress in this area...
- Outcomes of adrenalectomy for isolated synchronous versus metachronous adrenal metastases in non-small-cell lung cancer: a systematic review and pooled analysisTawee Tanvetyanon
Biostatistics Division, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Dr, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1142-7. 2008..However, some suggest that the survival outcome among patients with a synchronous metastasis is poor. It remains unclear whether this treatment approach is warranted among those with synchronous metastasis...
- Investigation of the safety and accuracy of intraoperative gamma probe directed biopsy of bone scan detected rib abnormalities in prostatic adenocarcinomaScott A Thurman
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida and H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, USA
J Urol 169:1341-4. 2003..The information obtained using this technique can be used to tailor treatment decisions for this subset of patients with prostate cancer...
- Malignant localized fibrous tumor of the pleuraLeah B Strickland-Marmol
Department of Pathology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL, USA
Cancer Control 9:255-8. 2002