K M Robinson
Affiliation: University of Louisville
- Looking ahead in long-term care: the next 50 yearsKaren M Robinson
University of Louisville School of Nursing, HSC K Building, Room 4039, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 44:253-62. 2009..Technological advances, such as the use of robots who serve as companions and assistants around the house, will also decrease the need for institutional living...
- Problem behaviour, caregiver reactions, and impact among caregivers of persons with Alzheimer's diseaseK M Robinson
School of Nursing, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
J Adv Nurs 36:573-82. 2001..Problem behaviours that occur during Alzheimer's disease (AD) can have major impact on caregivers. How caregivers react to these behaviours may determine the total impact experienced from caregiving...
- Policy issues in mental health among the elderlyKaren M Robinson
School of Nursing, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 45:627-34, vii. 2010..Mental health parity, a recent policy issue occurring at the national level, is discussed first followed by workforce issues specific to the discipline of nursing...
- Care coordination: a priority for health reformKaren M Robinson
University of Louisville School of Nursing, 555 S Floyd St, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Policy Polit Nurs Pract 11:266-74. 2010....
- Policy recommendations on the prevention of violence in long-term care facilitiesKaren M Robinson
Volunteer Caregivers Program, University of Louisville School of Nursing, HSC K Building, Room 3057, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 34:10-4. 2008..Potential solutions and policy recommendations for the prevention of violence, including improvement of staffing in long-term care facilities, are offered...
- An integrated mental health clinical rotationKay T Roberts
Harambee Nursing Center, School of Nursing, Department of Psychiatry, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Nurs Educ 48:454-9. 2009..Family nurse practitioner and psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner students learned to collaborate with each other and with other members of the interprofessional team to provide holistic care...
- Community perceptions of mental health needs in an underserved minority neighborhoodKay T Roberts
School of Nursing, University of Louisville, University of Louisville Health Sciences Center, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Community Health Nurs 25:203-17. 2008..Participants were receptive to mental health care integrated in primary care, if others did not know they were receiving mental health care...
- Predictors of use of services among dementia caregiversKaren M Robinson
University of Louisville, School of Nursing, USA
West J Nurs Res 27:126-40; discussion 141-7. 2005..Resource use was also related to the care recipient's problems with activities of daily living and the increase in frequency of memory and behavioral problems...
- Understanding hypersexuality: a behavioral disorder of dementiaKaren M Robinson
School of Nursing, University of Louisville, HSC K Building, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Home Healthc Nurse 21:43-7. 2003..This article presents an overview of the causes of the problem along with strategies home care and hospice nurses can use to teach families how to decrease the social isolation these patients experience...
- Effect of respite care training on the knowledge, attitude, and self-esteem of volunteer providersKaren M Robinson
University of Louisville School of Nursing, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 18:375-82. 2003..001), and attitudes toward someone who wanders were also significantly improved (p = .026). Overall, the findings support the immediate effectiveness of the respite training program...