JOHN MARSHALL ROBINSON
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Activation of striated muscle: nearest-neighbor regulatory-unit and cross-bridge influence on myofilament kineticsJohn M Robinson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 0005, USA
J Mol Biol 322:1065-88. 2002..The model is an initial attempt to construct a general theory of striated muscle activation-one that can be consistently used to interpret data from various types of muscle manipulation experiments...
- The cardiac Ca2+-sensitive regulatory switch, a system in dynamic equilibriumJohn M Robinson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Biophys J 95:4772-89. 2008..110 kJ/mol/K), heat capacity change (DeltaC(p) = -7.6 kJ/mol/K), the enthalpy of activation (delta(double dagger) = 10.6 kJ/mol) and the effective barrier crossing attempt frequency (nu(adj) = 1.8 x 10(4) s(-1))...
- Switching of troponin I: Ca(2+) and myosin-induced activation of heart muscleJohn M Robinson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2041, USA
J Mol Biol 340:295-305. 2004..Strong cross-bridges eliminate cooperativity and re-sensitize the CRS to Ca(2+). We propose a kinetic scheme and a structural model to account for these findings...
- Can Förster resonance energy transfer measurements uniquely position troponin residues on the actin filament? A case study in multiple-acceptor FRETJohn M Robinson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 2041, USA
J Mol Biol 329:371-80. 2003..3A, laterally along the actin surface toward actin subdomain 3 by 22.0A, and azimuthally toward the actin inner domain by 13.2A. This information is used to construct a low-resolution structural model of thin filament activation...
- Physical limits on computation by assemblies of allosteric proteinsJohn M Robinson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Phys Rev Lett 101:178104. 2008..As a result, signaling fidelity and deactivation kinetics cannot be simultaneously optimized. This imposes an upper limit on the rate of information processing by assemblies of allosteric proteins that couple to a single ligand type...
- Ca2+-induced conformational transition in the inhibitory and regulatory regions of cardiac troponin IWen Ji Dong
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294 2041, USA
J Biol Chem 278:8686-92. 2003..We have used the data to construct a structural model of the cTnI inhibitory and regulatory regions in the Mg(2+)- and Ca(2+)-saturated states...
- Kinetics of conformational transitions in cardiac troponin induced by Ca2+ dissociation determined by Förster resonance energy transferWen Ji Dong
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294 0005, USA
J Biol Chem 278:42394-402. 2003..The kinetic results define the magnitudes of structural changes relevant in Ca2+ switching between activation and deactivation of cardiac muscle contraction...
- Ultrathin cryosections: an important tool for immunofluorescence and correlative microscopyToshihiro Takizawa
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 51:707-14. 2003..Using a particle counting procedure and electron microscopy, we compared the labeling obtained with colloidal gold and FluoroNanogold and found a higher number of particles with silver-enhanced FluoroNanogold than with colloidal gold...
- Kinetics of FcRn-mediated recycling of IgG and albumin in human: pathophysiology and therapeutic implications using a simplified mechanism-based modelJonghan Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, 425 Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Clin Immunol 122:146-55. 2007..A simulation study demonstrates that the plasma concentrations of IgG and albumin could be dynamically controlled by both FcRn-related and -unrelated parameters...
- Accelerated transferrin degradation in HFE-deficient mice is associated with increased transferrin saturationChaity Chaudhury
Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Nutr 136:2993-8. 2006....
- Allosteric Regulation of Myocardial ContractionJOHN MARSHALL ROBINSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..The goal of this project is to establish mechanism of cooperative myofilament activation (Aim 1) and to establish the mechanism of altered myofilament sensitivity to Ca2+ (Aim II). ..