Affiliation: University of Washington
- Assessing medical students' awareness of and sensitivity to diverse health beliefs using a standardized patient stationL S Robins
Department of Medical Education, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 7240, USA
Acad Med 76:76-80. 2001..To assess students' performances on a health-beliefs communication OSCE station to determine whether there were differences in cultural competence based on the students' ethnic backgrounds...
- Using the American Board of Internal Medicine's "Elements of Professionalism" for undergraduate ethics educationLynne S Robins
University of Washington School of Medicine, Department of Medical Education, Seattle 98195 7240, USA
Acad Med 77:523-31. 2002....
- Rowing towards leadership and teambuildingLynne Robins
Department of Medical Education and Biomedical Informatics, Unversity of Washington, Seattle, 98195-7240, USA
Med Educ 38:1191-2. 2004
- Piloting team simulations to assess interprofessional skillsLynne Robins
Medical Education and Biomedical Informatics, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Interprof Care 22:325-8. 2008
- Promoting academic excellence through leadership development at the University of Washington: the Teaching Scholars ProgramLynne Robins
Department of Medical Education and Biomedical Informatics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Acad Med 81:979-83. 2006..Graduates fill key teaching and leadership positions at the UW and in national and international professional organizations...
- Identifying transparency in physician communicationLynne Robins
Department of Medical Education and Biomedical Informatics, H205 Health Sciences Center, Box 357240, Seattle, WA 98195 7240, USA
Patient Educ Couns 83:73-9. 2011..Transparent communication is advocated to facilitate patient understanding and support autonomy, informed decision-making and relationship development...
- Educational fellowship programs: common themes and overarching issuesLarry D Gruppen
Department of Medical Education, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0201, USA
Acad Med 81:990-4. 2006....
- A web-based team-oriented medical error communication assessment tool: development, preliminary reliability, validity, and user ratingsSara Kim
Medical Education, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Teach Learn Med 23:68-77. 2011..Web-based assessment using video content offers the possibility of reliable, valid, and cost-efficient means for measuring complex communication skills, including interprofessional communication...
- Resident perceptions of the educational value of night float rotationsAndrew M Luks
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Teach Learn Med 22:196-201. 2010..Night float rotations are being increasingly used in the era of resident physician work-hour regulations, but their impact on resident education is not clear...
- Impact of a pre-clinical clinical skills curriculum on student performance in third-year clerkshipsMolly Blackley Jackson
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, 1959 N E Pacific St, Campus Box 356429, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:929-33. 2009..Research on the outcomes of pre-clinical curricula for clinical skills development is needed to assess their influence on medical student performance in clerkships...
- Interprofessional initiatives at the University of WashingtonPeggy S Odegard
School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 73:63. 2009..In this manuscript, we will describe the Center for Health Sciences Interprofessional Education, and highlight key projects that serve as examples of pharmacy involvement in interprofessional education, research, and service...
- Improving teaching by teaching feedbackLinda J Vorvick
Med Educ 42:540-1. 2008
- The story in medicine: skills for MDsLinda Pinsky
Campus Box 354981, 4311-11th Ave NE, Suite 230, Seattle, WA 98105-4608, USA
Med Educ 38:1200-1. 2004
- Current trends in interprofessional education of health sciences students: A literature reviewErin Abu-Rish
School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Interprof Care 26:444-51. 2012..Clearer specifications of minimal reporting requirements are useful for developing and testing IPE models that can inform and facilitate successful translation of IPE best practices into academic and clinical practice arenas...
- Incorporating principles and practical wisdom in research ethics education: a preliminary studyNicole Deming
Department of Medical History and Ethics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 7120, USA
Acad Med 82:18-23. 2007..This study characterized researchers' responses to ethical dilemmas with the goal of aligning research ethics education programs with the demands of practice...
- Effects of Establishing focus in the Medical InterviewLynne Robins; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, it should be easily disseminated into many practice settings as well as incorporated into professional training. ..