Julie A Robichaud
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Spinal cord modulation associated with isometric contractionsJulie A Robichaud
School of Kinesiology, Motor Control Laboratory, University of Illinois at Chicago, 901 W Roosevelt Road, Chicago, IL 60608 1516, USA
Brain Res 950:64-73. 2002..These changes in spinal excitability were assessed during a ballistic plantar flexion isometric contraction, where both the target size and force level was manipulated...
- Greater impairment of extension movements as compared to flexion movements in Parkinson's diseaseJulie A Robichaud
Department of Human Movement Sciences M C 194, University of Illinois at Chicago, 901 West Roosevelt Road, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Exp Brain Res 156:240-54. 2004..The results are consistent with the hypothesis that there is a differential impairment of neural activation of extensor muscles of the arm as compared to flexor muscles in subjects with PD...
- Variability of EMG patterns: a potential neurophysiological marker of Parkinson's disease?Julie A Robichaud
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition M C 994, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1919 West Taylor Street, 650 AHSB, MC 994, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 120:390-7. 2009....
- A two-year randomized controlled trial of progressive resistance exercise for Parkinson's diseaseDaniel M Corcos
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Mov Disord 28:1230-40. 2013..PRE demonstrated a statistically and clinically significant reduction in UPDRS-III scores compared with mFC and is recommended as a useful adjunct therapy to improve Parkinsonian motor signs. © 2013 Movement Disorder Society. ..
- Effect of medication on EMG patterns in individuals with Parkinson's diseaseJulie A Robichaud
School of Kinesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60608, USA
Mov Disord 17:950-60. 2002..These results show that medication does not alter the temporal profile of EMG activation...
- Combined measures of movement and force variability distinguish Parkinson's disease from essential tremorCynthia Poon
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 122:2268-75. 2011..To examine whether behavioral and electrophysiological measures of motor performance accurately differentiate Parkinson's disease (PD) and essential tremor (ET)...
- Progressive resistance exercise and Parkinson's disease: a review of potential mechanismsFabian J David
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Parkinsons Dis 2012:124527. 2012..Second, it reviews recent findings of the use of PRE in individuals with PD. Finally, knowledge gaps of using PRE on individuals with PD are discussed along with suggestions for future research...
- Force control and disease severity in Parkinson's diseaseJulie A Robichaud
Department of Physical Therapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Mov Disord 20:441-50. 2005..These measures provide objective quantification of the severity of motor impairment that can be used to investigate the efficacy of different interventions in individuals with PD...