Ian F Robey
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Human monoclonal natural autoantibodies against the T-cell receptor inhibit interleukin-2 production in murine T cellsIan F Robey
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Immunology 105:419-29. 2002....
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha and the glycolytic phenotype in tumorsIan F Robey
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, University of Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Neoplasia 7:324-30. 2005..This hypothesis was tested by renormalizing HIF-1alpha levels in renal carcinoma cells, leading to inhibition of aerobic glycolysis...
- Investigating mechanisms of alkalinization for reducing primary breast tumor invasionIan F Robey
Arizona Respiratory Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Biomed Res Int 2013:485196. 2013..003). Alkalinization, however, did not affect expression of carbonic anhydrase IX (CAIX). The findings suggest a possible mechanism in a live model system for breast cancer where systemic alkalinization slows the rate of invasion. ..
- Examining the relationship between diet-induced acidosis and cancerIAN FORREST ROBEY
Arizona Respiratory Center, University of Arizona, 1501 N, Campbell Ave, Suite 2349, PO Box 245030, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Nutr Metab (Lond) 9:72. 2012..This review defines the relationship between dietary lifestyle and acid-base balance and discusses the potential consequences of diet-induced acidosis and cancer occurrence or progression...
- Bicarbonate and dichloroacetate: evaluating pH altering therapies in a mouse model for metastatic breast cancerIan F Robey
Arizona Respiratory Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
BMC Cancer 11:235. 2011..While these findings are compelling, recent assessments into the use of oral bicarbonate as a cancer intervention reveal limitations...
- Regulation of the Warburg effect in early-passage breast cancer cellsIan F Robey
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Neoplasia 10:745-56. 2008..Glycolysis was affected by pharmacological regulation of c-Myc and HIF-1alpha. These findings suggest that c-Myc and/or HIF-1alpha activities are both involved in the regulation of glycolysis in breast cancers...
- Bicarbonate increases tumor pH and inhibits spontaneous metastasesIan F Robey
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Cancer Res 69:2260-8. 2009..Although the mechanism of this therapy is not known with certainty, low pH was shown to increase the release of active cathepsin B, an important matrix remodeling protease...
- Metabolite changes in HT-29 xenograft tumors following HIF-1alpha inhibition with PX-478 as studied by MR spectroscopy in vivo and ex vivoBenedicte F Jordan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
NMR Biomed 18:430-9. 2005....
- Natural and autoantibodies to human T-cell receptor Vbeta segments: potential roles in immunomodulationMiranda K Adelman
Arizona Arthritis Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Crit Rev Immunol 27:221-32. 2007..10) to produce IL-2 in response to antigenic stimulation in vitro. These results support the hypothesis that autoantibodies against TCR Vbeta can shut down TH1-mediated inflammatory autodestructive reactions...
- Specificity mapping of human anti-T cell receptor monoclonal natural antibodies: defining the properties of epitope recognition promiscuityIan F Robey
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
FASEB J 16:642-52. 2002..Our results support the conclusion that epitope recognition promiscuity is a genuine feature of antibody and TCR recognition...
- Terminal deoxynucleotidyltransferase deficiency decreases autoimmune disease in diabetes-prone nonobese diabetic mice and lupus-prone MRL-Fas(lpr) miceIan F Robey
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 172:4624-9. 2004..We suggest that the paucity of autoreactive specificities created in the N region-lacking repertoire, and the resultant protection afforded to the newborn, may be the reason that TdT expression is delayed in ontogeny...