Dana V Rizk
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Association of duration of residence in the southeastern United States with chronic kidney disease may differ by race: the REasons for Geographic and Racial Differences in Stroke (REGARDS) cohort studyLaura Plantinga
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J Health Geogr 12:17. 2013..We postulated that a similar association would exist for chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Prevalence and prognosis of unrecognized myocardial infarctions in chronic kidney diseaseDana V Rizk
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:3482-8. 2012..The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence and prognosis for mortality of UMI among adults with CKD...
- Warfarin-related nephropathy: another newly recognized complication of an old drugDana V Rizk
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0007, USA
Kidney Int 80:131-3. 2011..The interactions between warfarin and chronic kidney disease are complex, and the recognition of the potential complications is expanding...
- Cardiovascular risk factors in CKD associate with both ESRD and mortalityPaul Muntner
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama, 1665 University Boulevard, Suite 230J, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 24:1159-65. 2013....
- Association between urinary albumin excretion and coronary heart disease in black vs white adultsORLANDO M GUTIERREZ
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0006, USA
JAMA 310:706-14. 2013..Whether similar associations extend to coronary heart disease (CHD) is unclear...
- Cardioprotective medication use and risk factor control among US adults with unrecognized myocardial infarction: the REasons for Geographic And Racial Differences in Stroke (REGARDS) studyEmily B Levitan
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0022, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 9:47-55. 2013..The prevalence of cardioprotective medication use and blood pressure and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol control among individuals with UMI is unknown...
- Racial differences in albuminuria, kidney function, and risk of strokeORLANDO M GUTIERREZ
Departments of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Neurology 79:1686-92. 2012..The objective of this study was to examine the joint associations of estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) and urinary albumin excretion with incident stroke in a large national cohort study...