Affiliation: University of California
- Male carriers of the FMR1 premutation show altered hippocampal-prefrontal function during memory encodingJohn M Wang
Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Roanoke, VA, USA Department of Psychology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Blacksburg, VA, USA
Front Hum Neurosci 6:297. 2012..These results suggest that while FXPCs show relatively typical brain response during encoding, faulty connectivity between frontal and hippocampal regions may have subsequent effects on recall and working memory...
- Dynamic Object Representations in Infants with and without Fragile X SyndromeFaraz Farzin
Department of Psychology, University of California Davis Davis, CA, USA
Front Hum Neurosci 4:12. 2010..These findings are the first to experimentally evaluate visual object processing skills in infants with FXS, and further support the hypothesis of dorsal stream difficulties in infants with this developmental disorder...
- Young adult male carriers of the fragile X premutation exhibit genetically modulated impairments in visuospatial tasks controlled for psychomotor speedLing M Wong
MIND Institute and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, 2825 50th Street, Sacramento, CA, 95817, USA
J Neurodev Disord 4:26. 2012..abstract:..
- Using infrared eye-tracking to explore ordinal numerical processing in toddlers with Fragile X SyndromeEmily R Owen
Department of Psychology, 1 Shields Avenue, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Neurodev Disord 5:1. 2013..The goal of the current study was to assess how very young children with FXS respond to ordinal relationships among numerical magnitudes...
- Age-dependent structural connectivity effects in fragile x premutationJun Yi Wang
Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA
Arch Neurol 69:482-9. 2012..To examine the effects of premutation alleles on major brain fiber tracts in males...
- Word comprehension facilitates object individuation in 10- and 11-month-old infantsSusan M Rivera
Department of Psychology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Brain Res 1146:146-57. 2007....
- Amygdala dysfunction in men with the fragile X premutationDavid Hessl
Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders MIND Institute, University of California Davis, Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Brain 130:404-16. 2007..The aetiology for this dysfunction may be elevated FMR1 mRNA or reduced FMR1 protein that occurs in carriers with higher premutation CGG repeat alleles...
- Holistic crowding of Mooney facesFaraz Farzin
Department of Psychology, University of California, Davis, CA 95618, USA
J Vis 9:18.1-15. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest crowding can occur selectively between high-level representations of faces and that crowding must occur at multiple levels in the visual system...
- A functional and structural study of emotion and face processing in children with autismBlythe A Corbett
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA 95817, USA
Psychiatry Res 173:196-205. 2009....
- A review of fragile X premutation disorders: expanding the psychiatric perspectiveJames A Bourgeois
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:852-62. 2009..Remarkable advances at the molecular level have enhanced our understanding of fragile X premutation disorders...
- Brief report: Visual processing of faces in individuals with fragile X syndrome: an eye tracking studyFaraz Farzin
Department of Psychology, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 39:946-52. 2009..Such abnormalities have significant implications in terms of understanding causes of gaze avoidance observed in individuals with FXS...
- Cortical folding abnormalities in autism revealed by surface-based morphometryChristine Wu Nordahl
The Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders Institute and the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Neurosci 27:11725-35. 2007..These findings are consistent with evidence of an altered trajectory of early brain development in autism, and they identify several regions that may have abnormal patterns of connectivity in individuals with autism...
- Abnormal fMRI activation pattern during story listening in individuals with Down syndromeElizabeth A Reynolds Losin
University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Intellect Dev Disabil 114:369-80. 2009..The Down syndrome group showed almost no difference in activation patterns between the language (forward speech) and nonlanguage (backward speech) conditions...
- Functional brain activation during arithmetic processing in females with fragile X Syndrome is related to FMR1 protein expressionSusan M Rivera
Department of Psychology, University of California at Davis, Davis, California, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 16:206-18. 2002..More broadly, this investigation demonstrates a unique bridging of cognitive and molecular neuroscience and represents a useful approach for the study of brain development and function...
- A voxel-based morphometry study of grey matter loss in fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndromeRyu ichiro Hashimoto
Center for Mind and Brain, University of California Davis, 267 Cousteau Place, Davis, CA 95618 5412, USA
Brain 134:863-78. 2011....
- Object permanence and method of disappearance: looking measures further contradict reaching measuresEric P Charles
Department of Psychology, Pennsylvania State University, Altoona, PA 16601, USA
Dev Sci 12:991-1006. 2009..A revised ecological hypothesis, invoking affordance learning, suggests how these differences could arise developmentally...
- The neuroanatomy and neuroendocrinology of fragile X syndromeDavid Hessl
M I N D Institute, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California, USA
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 10:17-24. 2004....
- Amygdala Function in Children and Adolescents with Fragile X SyndromeSusan Rivera; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our proposal involves seeking this information in children and adolescents with FXS, in an effort to target the segment of the population that is perhaps most in need of intervention. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..