Affiliation: University of California
- Hepcidin excess induces the sequestration of iron and exacerbates tumor-associated anemiaSeth Rivera
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Blood 105:1797-802. 2005..Hepcidin contributes to AI by shunting iron away from erythropoiesis and sequestering it in the liver, predominantly in hepatocytes...
- Synthetic hepcidin causes rapid dose-dependent hypoferremia and is concentrated in ferroportin-containing organsSeth Rivera
UCLA Department of Medicine, 10833 Le Conte Ave, CHS 37 131, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Blood 106:2196-9. 2005..The rapid and sustained action of a single dose of hepcidin makes it an appealing agent for the prevention of iron accumulation in hereditary hemochromatosis...
- Animal models of anemia of inflammationSeth Rivera
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, CA
Semin Hematol 46:351-7. 2009..We review many of the models reported in the literature or developed in our laboratory, and discuss their respective merits and drawbacks...
- IL-6 mediates hypoferremia of inflammation by inducing the synthesis of the iron regulatory hormone hepcidinElizabeta Nemeth
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Clin Invest 113:1271-6. 2004....
- Suppression of hepcidin during anemia requires erythropoietic activityMihwa Pak
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California UCLA, Los Angeles, USA
Blood 108:3730-5. 2006..The suppression of hepcidin necessary to match iron supply to erythropoietic demand thus requires increased erythropoiesis and is not directly mediated by anemia, tissue hypoxia, or erythropoietin...
- Hepcidin--a potential novel biomarker for iron status in chronic kidney diseaseJoshua Zaritsky
Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:1051-6. 2009..Hepcidin is a key regulator of iron homeostasis, but its study in the setting of chronic kidney disease (CKD) has been hampered by the lack of validated serum assays...
- Dopamine D2 receptor binding, Drd2 expression and the number of dopamine neurons in the BXD recombinant inbred series: genetic relationships to alcohol and other drug associated phenotypesRobert Hitzemann
Department of Psychiatry, SUNY at Stony Brook, NY 11794 8101, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:1-11. 2003....
- Interleukin-6 regulates the zinc transporter Zip14 in liver and contributes to the hypozincemia of the acute-phase responseJuan P Liuzzi
Nutritional Genomics Laboratory, Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:6843-8. 2005....
- The Link Between Anemia of Inflammation and Host DefenseSeth Rivera; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research has broad relevance to the management of Al during severe infections. ..