Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Comparative effectiveness of traditional Chinese medicine and psychosocial care in the treatment of temporomandibular disorders-associated chronic facial painCheryl Ritenbaugh
Departments of Family and Community Medicine and Anthropology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
J Pain 13:1075-89. 2012..TCM is widely available throughout North America and may provide clinicians and patients with a reasonable addition or alternative to other forms of therapy...
- Randomized trial of Tapas Acupressure Technique for weight loss maintenanceCHARLES R ELDER
Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research, 3800 N, Interstate Ave, Portland, OR 97227, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 12:19. 2012..This randomized clinical trial tested the efficacy of a novel mind and body technique for weight-loss maintenance...
- Developing a patient-centered outcome measure for complementary and alternative medicine therapies II: refining content validity through cognitive interviewsJennifer J Thompson
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 11:136. 2011..Here we present the development of the final version in which the content and format is refined through cognitive interviews...
- Developing a patient-centered outcome measure for complementary and alternative medicine therapies I: defining content and formatCheryl Ritenbaugh
Department of Family and Community Medicine, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 11:135. 2011..Here we describe Phase I of our research program, the iterative process of content identification, item development and refinement, and response format selection. Cognitive interviews and psychometric evaluation are reported separately...
- Researching complementary and alternative treatments--the gatekeepers are not at homeVinjar Fønnebø
National Research Center in Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
BMC Med Res Methodol 7:7. 2007..To explore the strengths and weaknesses of conventional biomedical research strategies and methods as applied to complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), and to suggest a new research framework for assessing these treatment modalities...
- Acupuncture and chiropractic care for chronic pain in an integrated health plan: a mixed methods studyLynn L DeBar
Kaiser Permanente, The Center for Health Research, Portland, Oregon, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 11:118. 2011....
- A pilot whole systems clinical trial of traditional Chinese medicine and naturopathic medicine for the treatment of temporomandibular disordersCheryl Ritenbaugh
Department of Family and Community Medicine, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85719, USA
J Altern Complement Med 14:475-87. 2008....
- Conjugated equine estrogens and colorectal cancer incidence and survival: the Women's Health Initiative randomized clinical trialCheryl Ritenbaugh
University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona 85719, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2609-18. 2008..We now analyze features of the colorectal cancers that developed and examine the survival of women following colorectal cancer diagnosis in the latter trial...
- Osteoporosis and rate of bone loss among postmenopausal survivors of breast cancerZhao Chen
Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Cancer 104:1520-30. 2005..Breast cancer diagnosis and treatment may put women at higher risk for osteoporosis in later life...
- Expression and ambivalence over expression of negative emotion: cross-sectional associations with psychosocial factors and health-related quality of life in postmenopausal womenYvonne L Michael
Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, CB 669, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
J Women Aging 18:25-40. 2006..In general, our analysis supports prior studies suggesting that ambivalence may be more important to consider in studies of health-related outcomes than expression...
- Measuring dietary change in a diet intervention trial: comparing food frequency questionnaire and dietary recallsCynthia A Thomson
University of Arizona, Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Am J Epidemiol 157:754-62. 2003....
- Diet and biomarkers of oxidative damage in women previously treated for breast cancerCynthia A Thomson
Department of Nutritional Sciences, The University of Arizona, Tucson 85721 0038, USA
Nutr Cancer 51:146-54. 2005..The results of this nested case-controlled study provide potential mechanisms by which a high fruit and vegetable, low-fat diet might reduce the recurrence rate of or early-stage breast cancer...
- The process of whole person healing: "unstuckness" and beyondMary Koithan
Department of Medicine Program in Integrative Medicine, The University of Arizona, Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, AZ, USA
J Altern Complement Med 13:659-68. 2007..The aim was to develop an understanding of "unstuckness," including characterization of states, processes, and modifying factors...
- Expression and ambivalence over expression of negative emotion:psychometric analysis in the Women's Health InitiativeYvonne L Michael
Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
J Women Aging 17:5-18. 2005....
- Intervention in overweight children improves body mass index (BMI) and physical activityViolet Siwik
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85719, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 26:126-37. 2013..We implemented and evaluated a group office-visit intervention by family physicians for overweight children and their parents, emphasizing nutrition and physical activity within a resiliency psychosocial model...
- Families united/familias unidas: development and implementation of a family-based group office visit model for the primary prevention of type 2 diabetesViolet Perez Siwik
Randa M Kutob, MPH, Assistant Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, PO Box 245052, Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, AZ 85724
Diabetes Educ 38:811-21. 2012....
- Fracture risk among breast cancer survivors: results from the Women's Health Initiative Observational StudyZhao Chen
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, PO Box 245203, 1540 E Drachman, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:552-8. 2005..We tested the hypothesis in the Women's Health Initiative Observational Study that postmenopausal survivors of breast cancer have a higher risk for fractures compared with women who have no cancer history...
- On the importance of using multiple methods of dietary assessmentLoki Natarajan
Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, California 92093-0645, USA
Epidemiology 15:738-45. 2004..CONCLUSION: These findings underscore the importance of using multiple measures of dietary assessment in studies examining diet-disease associations...
- Developing Patient-Centered Measures for Outcomes of CAM TherapiesCheryl Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Developing Patient-Centered Measures for Outcomes of CAM TherapiesCheryl Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- TCM for TMD: A Multi-Site Whole Systems TrialCheryl Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal tests a stepped care strategy appropriate to a variety of health care providers, and evaluates a whole systems research approach faithful to both allopathic and alternative medicine. ..
- Preventing CVD in Native Populations: Traditional LivingCheryl Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Choices: Family Physicians Treat Overweight ChildrenCheryl Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2006..Children will be eligible for participation who are above the 90th percentile of BMI for age, and who can have the regular participation of at least one parent or guardian. ..
- LIFESTYLE CHANGE TO INCREASE BONE DENSITY IN TEEN GIRLSCheryl Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Advances in CAM Clinical Research MethodologyCheryl Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Developing Patient-Centered Measures for Outcomes of CAM TherapiesCheryl K Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2010....