Anne W Rimoin
Affiliation: University of California
- Novel simian foamy virus infections from multiple monkey species in women from the Democratic Republic of CongoWilliam M Switzer
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Retrovirology 9:100. 2012..Phylogenetic analysis was used to define the NHP species origin of SFV. Participants completed questionnaires to capture NHP exposure information...
- Treatment of streptococcal pharyngitis with once-daily amoxicillin versus intramuscular benzathine penicillin G in low-resource settings: a randomized controlled trialAnne W Rimoin
Department of Epidemiology, UCLA School of Public Health, CHS 41 245, Los Angeles, CA 90005, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 50:535-42. 2011..Primary prevention of acute rheumatic fever is achieved by proper antibiotic treatment of group A β -hemolytic streptococcal (GAS) pharyngitis...
- Evaluation of the WHO clinical decision rule for streptococcal pharyngitisA W Rimoin
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Arch Dis Child 90:1066-70. 2005..To prospectively assess the WHO clinical decision rule (CDR) for group A beta haemolytic streptococcal (GABHS) pharyngitis in three countries...
- The utility of rapid antigen detection testing for the diagnosis of streptococcal pharyngitis in low-resource settingsAnne W Rimoin
Department of Epidemiology, UCLA School of Public Health, 650 Charles E Young Drive S, CHS 41 275, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Int J Infect Dis 14:e1048-53. 2010..To evaluate the utility of rapid antigen detection testing (RADT) for the diagnosis of group A streptococcal (GAS) pharyngitis in pediatric outpatient clinics in four countries with varied socio-economic and geographic profiles...
- Major increase in human monkeypox incidence 30 years after smallpox vaccination campaigns cease in the Democratic Republic of CongoAnne W Rimoin
University of California, Los Angeles School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:16262-7. 2010..Improved surveillance and epidemiological analysis is needed to better assess the public health burden and develop strategies for reducing the risk of wider spread of infection...
- Variation in clinical presentation of childhood group A streptococcal pharyngitis in four countriesAnne W Rimoin
Department of Epidemiology, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Trop Pediatr 54:308-12. 2008..Our results indicate that the clinical manifestations of pharyngitis in clinics may vary by region. It is therefore critical that clinical decision rules for management of pharyngitis should have local validation...
- Using remote sensing to map the risk of human monkeypox virus in the Congo BasinTrevon Fuller
Center for Tropical Research, Institute of the Environment, University of California, Los Angeles, 619 Charles E Young Dr East, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1496, USA
Ecohealth 8:14-25. 2011..32; 95% CI 1.08-1.63). We recommend that semi-deciduous rainforests with oil-palm, the rope squirrel's main food source, be prioritized for monitoring...
- Whither monkeypox vaccinationAnne W Rimoin
University of California, Los Angeles School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Vaccine 29:D60-4. 2011..Therefore, initiating vaccine trials or implementing vaccination programs would be challenging. This paper considers the factors that may influence future decisions on whether MPX vaccination should be pursued...
- A national study of individuals who handle migratory birds for evidence of avian and swine-origin influenza virus infectionsShira C Shafir
Department of Epidemiology, Fielding School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Clin Virol 54:364-7. 2012..Additionally, bird handlers may host avian and swine-origin influenza (pH1N1) virus co-infections, which generate reassortant viruses with high pathogenicity in mammals...
- Endemic human monkeypox, Democratic Republic of Congo, 2001-2004Anne W Rimoin
University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:934-7. 2007..PCR demonstrated chickenpox in 61 patients. Coinfection with both viruses was found in 1 additional patient...