Adam I Riker
Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Immunotherapy as part of a multidisciplinary approach to melanoma treatmentAdam I Riker
Cutaneous Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Front Biosci 11:1-14. 2006..This in turn will provide us with new insight and direction as we design the next generation of vaccines for patients with advanced cancer and in particular melanoma...
- Cutaneous melanoma: methods of biopsy and definitive surgical excisionAdam I Riker
Cutaneous Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, 33612, USA
Dermatol Ther 18:387-93. 2005..The present authors review current recommendations for excision margins for the primary tumor, usefulness of lymphoscintigraphy, timing of definitive surgical excision, and issues unique for head and neck melanoma...
- Phase I trial of interleukin-12 plasmid electroporation in patients with metastatic melanomaAdil I Daud
Cutaneous Oncology and Experimental Therapeutics Programs, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5896-903. 2008..In vivo electroporation, in preclinical models, significantly enhances gene transfer efficiency while retaining the safety advantages of plasmid DNA...
- Comparative methodologies of regulatory T cell depletion in a murine melanoma modelNorimasa Matsushita
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, SRB 23244, Tampa, Florida 33612, United States
J Immunol Methods 333:167-79. 2008..We therefore conclude that PC61 administration was the most effective method of reducing Tregs in a murine melanoma model in addition to providing evidence of a synergistic effect when combined with DC-based immunotherapy...
- Full-thickness grafts procured from skin overlying the sentinel lymph node basin; reconstruction of primary cutaneous malignancy excision defectsJames M Lewis
Department of Oncologic Sciences, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1733-40. 2008..However, the potential for implantation of malignant cells transferred from the nodal basin to the primary site, resulting in increased perigraft recurrence rates with the FTSG technique, has not been evaluated...
- Activated stat-3 in melanomaJane L Messina
Pathology Service, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 15:196-201. 2008..We examined the expression of phosphorylated Stat-3 (pStat-3), activated Stat-1 (pStat-1) and interferon alpha receptor subunit 1(IFNAR-1) in human melanocytic neoplasms...
- Phenotypic and functional analysis of dendritic cells and clinical outcome in patients with high-risk melanoma treated with adjuvant granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factorAdil I Daud
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3235-41. 2008..We hypothesized that GM-CSF-stimulated DC differentiation may result in clinical benefit in patients with high-risk melanoma...
- Roscovitine inhibits differentiation and invasion in a three-dimensional skin reconstruction model of metastatic melanomaSubhra Mohapatra
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute and the University of South Florida Medical Center, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Mol Cancer Res 5:145-51. 2007..The results of this study show that roscovitine has the potential to inhibit the differentiation and invasion of metastatic melanoma and may be useful as a therapy for the treatment of patients with metastatic melanoma...
- Sentinel node biopsy for thin melanomas: which patients should be considered?Christopher A Puleo
Cutaneous Oncology Division, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 12:230-5. 2005..Currently available prognostic factors are limited in their ability to reliably discriminate which patients will manifest regional nodal metastasis and would be identified early through sentinel node biopsy...
- Down-regulation of pro-apoptotic genes is an early event in the progression of malignant melanomaEric H Jensen
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, Cutaneous Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Stabile Research Building, Room 22043, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:1416-23. 2007..We used cDNA microarray to evaluate pro-apoptotic gene expression comparing normal skin to melanoma (thin and thick), nodal disease and distant metastases...
- Current surgical management of melanomaAdam I Riker
Surgical Oncology Services and Associate Professor of Surgery, University of South Alabama Mitchell Cancer Institute, Cutaneous Oncology Program, 307 North University Blvd, MSB 2015, Mobile, Alabama 36688, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 6:1569-83. 2006..This review will also discuss what we have learned from past clinical trials and address several issues with regards to where we are going in the future...
- Immunostimulatory effects of CpG-ODN upon dendritic cell-based immunotherapy in a murine melanoma modelShari Pilon-Thomas
Division of Cutaneous Oncology and the Immunology and Immunotherapy Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Immunother 29:381-7. 2006..These experiments provide evidence that combined immunization with both antigen-pulsed DC and the immunoadjuvant, CpG, can lead to tumor regression and long-term survival in a murine B16 melanoma model...
- Significance of sentinel lymph node micrometastases in human breast cancerCharles E Cox
Department of Surgery, Comprehensive Breast Cancer Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Am Coll Surg 206:261-8. 2008..The objective of our study was to review the impact of micrometastatic carcinoma detected by SLN biopsy...
- Isolation and culture of melanoma cell linesAdam I Riker
Lee Moffittt Cancer Canter and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
Methods Mol Med 88:93-9. 2004
- Immunotherapy of melanoma: a critical review of current concepts and future strategiesAdam I Riker
University of South Alabama Mitchell Cancer Institute, 307 North University Blvd, MSB 2015, Mobile, Alabama 36688, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 7:345-58. 2007..This review summarizes the recent results of novel immunotherapeutic regimens and focuses on cutting-edge modalities of treatment that encompass new lines of thinking in the war against cancer and, in particular, melanoma...
- Melanoma patients with positive sentinel nodes who did not undergo completion lymphadenectomy: a multi-institutional studySandra L Wong
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:809-16. 2006..This multi-institutional study was undertaken to characterize patterns of failure and survival rates in these patients and to compare results with those of positive-SLN patients who underwent CLND...
- Identification of novel epigenetically modified genes in human melanoma via promoter methylation gene profilingSuHu Liu
Mitchell Cancer Institute, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 21:545-58. 2008....
- The impact of genomics in understanding human melanoma progression and metastasisSuping Ren
Surgical Oncology Program, University of South Alabama Mitchell Cancer Institute, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Cancer Control 15:202-15. 2008..The examination of the phenotypic and (epi)genetic changes in cutaneous melanoma has identified several genes deemed central to the development and progression of melanoma...
- Identification of a mutated fibronectin as a tumor antigen recognized by CD4+ T cells: its role in extracellular matrix formation and tumor metastasisHelen Y Wang
The Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Department of Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Exp Med 195:1397-406. 2002....
- Expression of gp100 and CDK2 in melanoma cells is not co-regulated by a shared promoter regionLawrence S Stennett
Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL, USA
Pigment Cell Res 17:525-32. 2004..The current study provides insight into transcriptional regulation of the PMel17 and CDK2 genes, important to identify strategies for modulating expression of gp100 and CDK2 proteins by melanoma cells...
- Interferon-gamma reduces melanosomal antigen expression and recognition of melanoma cells by cytotoxic T cellsI Caroline Le Poole
Department of Pathology, Skin Oncology Research Program, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Medical Center, Bldg 112, Rm 303, 2160 S 1st Ave, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Am J Pathol 160:521-8. 2002..Reduced MART-1 expression was frequently observed in adjacent tumor cells. Consequently, IFN-gamma may enhance inflammatory responses yet hamper effective recognition of melanoma cells...