Shelley A Riggs
Affiliation: University of North Texas
- Childhood emotional abuse and attachment processes in the dyadic adjustment of dating couplesShelley A Riggs
Department of Psychology, University of North Texas, Denton, TX 76203 5017, USA
J Couns Psychol 58:126-38. 2011..Findings supported hypothesized mediation effects of attachment anxiety and avoidance...
- Attachment, personality, and psychopathology among adult inpatients: self-reported romantic attachment style versus Adult Attachment Interview states of mindShelley A Riggs
Department of Psychology, University of North Texas, P O Box 311280, Denton, TX 76203 1280, USA
Dev Psychopathol 19:263-91. 2007..The differences in findings between the two measures are discussed with a view toward the developmental and clinical implications...
- Attachment style, stigma and psychological distress among HIV+ adultsShelley A Riggs
University of North Texas, Department of Psychology, Denton 76203 1280, USA
J Health Psychol 12:922-36. 2007..Results of regression analyses supported contentions that in addition to HIV symptomatology, other psychosocial risk factors such as attachment style and stigma contribute to perceived stress and depression among HIV+ men and women...
- Family environment and adult attachment as predictors of psychopathology and personality dysfunction among inpatient abuse survivorsShelley A Riggs
Department of Psychology, University of North Texas, Denton 76203 1280, USA
Violence Vict 22:577-600. 2007..Evidence emerged supporting a mediating role for attachment style in the link between family independence and five personality disorder dimensions...
- Risk and resilience in military families experiencing deployment: the role of the family attachment networkShelley A Riggs
Department of Psychology, University of North Texas, Denton, TX 76203 1280, USA
J Fam Psychol 25:675-87. 2011..The proposed family attachment network model will inform future research and intervention efforts with service members and their families...
- Attachment, forgiveness, and physical health quality of life in HIV + adultsLuci A Martin
Department of Psychology, University of La Verne, La Verne, CA, USA
AIDS Care 24:1333-40. 2012..Research has indicated that forgiveness interventions lead to positive health outcomes for most individuals; however, in HIV + adults, whether an outcome is health promoting may be dependent on attachment style...
- Religious commitment, adult attachment, and marital adjustment in newly married couplesJamie L Lopez
Department of Psychology, The University of North Texas, 1155 Union Circle 311280, Denton, TX 76203 5017, USA
J Fam Psychol 25:301-9. 2011..Religious commitment buffered the negative association between attachment avoidance and marital adjustment, but exacerbated the negative association between attachment anxiety and marital adjustment...
- Expectant parents' representations of early attachment relationships: associations with mental health and family historyShelley A Riggs
Department of Psychology and Philosophy, Texas Woman s University, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 70:195-204. 2002..These findings support theoretical conceptualizations regarding the link between adult attachment and mental health in middle-class American adults...