Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- A clinical approach to integrating treatment for adolescent depression and substance abusePaula D Riggs
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:1253-5. 2002
- A randomized controlled trial of pemoline for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in substance-abusing adolescentsPaula D Riggs
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver 80262, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:420-9. 2004..This randomized, placebo-controlled trial, conducted between 1996 and 2000, evaluated the safety and efficacy of pemoline on substance abuse and conduct problems...
- Non-medical use and abuse of commonly prescribed medicationsPaula Riggs
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:869-77. 2008....
- A randomized controlled trial of fluoxetine and cognitive behavioral therapy in adolescents with major depression, behavior problems, and substance use disordersPaula D Riggs
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:1026-34. 2007..To evaluate the effect of fluoxetine hydrochloride vs placebo on major depressive disorder, substance use disorder (SUD), and conduct disorder (CD) in adolescents receiving cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for SUD...
- What came first, major depression or substance use disorder? Clinical characteristics and substance use comparing teens in a treatment cohortAnne M Libby
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, Fitzsimons Campus, NCNHB, P O Box 6508, Campus Box F800, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Addict Behav 30:1649-62. 2005..Although small samples limited statistical significance, observed differences suggest possible avenues for prevention or intervention...
- Integrated substance use and mental health treatment for adolescents: aligning organizational and financial incentivesAnne M Libby
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:826-34. 2005....
- Comorbid psychiatric and substance abuse disorders: recent treatment researchPaula Riggs
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Health Science Cneter, Denver, CO 80224, USA
Subst Abus 29:51-63. 2008..Treatment of ADHD and substance use disorders in adults; 3. Effects of substance abuse on the onset, severity, and treatment of schizophrenia. Recommendations for further research will be presented...
- Treating adolescents for substance abuse and comorbid psychiatric disordersPaula D Riggs
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Sci Pract Perspect 2:18-29. 2003..Special emphasis is given to strategies for integrating the treatment of comorbid psychiatric disorders with substance use disorders in adolescents...
- Clinical problem solving: the case of John, part IMartin J Drell
Division of Infant, Child, and Adolescent Psychiatry, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Department of Psychiatry, New Orleans 70018, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:1124-31. 2006
- Tobacco and alcohol use as an explanation for the association between externalizing behavior and illicit drug use among delinquent adolescentsAmy Helstrom
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0345, USA
Prev Sci 5:267-77. 2004..Although there were some mean differences by gender, the pattern of relationships amongst the variables did not differ by gender. Implications of the findings and future directions are discussed...
- A one-session human immunodeficiency virus risk-reduction intervention in adolescents with psychiatric and substance use disordersChristian Thurstone
Denver Health and Hospital Authority, and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center at Denver, CO 80204, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1179-86. 2007..To explore change in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) risk among teens in outpatient treatment for substance use disorders (SUDs)...
- Advances in neurobiological research related to interventions in adolescents with substance use disorders: research to practicePaula D Riggs
Drug Alcohol Depend 91:306-11. 2007