Amy V Ries
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- A quantitative examination of park characteristics related to park use and physical activity among urban youthAmy V Ries
Department of Nutrition, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7294, USA
J Adolesc Health 45:S64-70. 2009..This study examines how both objective and perceived measures of the facility environment are associated with urban adolescents' use of parks and physical activity...
- Physical activity interventions and changes in perceived home and facility environmentsAmy V Ries
Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, The Miriam Hospital and Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Prev Med 49:515-7. 2009..To examine changes in environmental perceptions over time and associations between changes in perceptions and physical activity among participants in two physical activity interventions...
- The neighborhood recreational environment and physical activity among urban youth: an examination of public and private recreational facilitiesAmy V Ries
Department of Nutrition, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1700 Airport Road, Campus Box 7294, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7294, USA
J Community Health 36:640-9. 2011..Public, but not private, facility use was associated with physical activity. This study reveals the importance of public facilities to the physical activity of urban youth...
- The environment and urban adolescents' use of recreational facilities for physical activity: a qualitative studyAmy V Ries
Miriam Hospital and Brown Medical School, Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, CORO West, Suite 500, 1 Hoppin Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Am J Health Promot 23:43-50. 2008..Investigate environmental factors influencing the use of recreational facilities for physical activity by urban African-American adolescents...
- Adolescents' perceptions of environmental influences on physical activityAmy V Ries
Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, Brown Medical School The Miriam Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Am J Health Behav 32:26-39. 2008..To examine African American adolescents' perceptions of environmental influences on physical activity and identify physical activity promotion strategies...
- A social media-based physical activity intervention: a randomized controlled trialDavid N Cavallo
Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:527-32. 2012..This combination of reach and functionality makes online social networks a promising intervention platform for increasing physical activity...