Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Restricted and repetitive behaviors in young children with autism spectrum disordersJennifer Richler
University of Michigan Autism and Communication Disorders Center, 1014 Church Street, Apt C4, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 37:73-85. 2007..On average, children with ASD had more RSM behaviors. Behaviors that loaded on the IS factor were relatively uncommon and did not differ in prevalence or severity across groups...
- Association between restricted and repetitive behaviors and nonverbal IQ in children with autism spectrum disordersSomer L Bishop
University of Michigan Autism and Communication Disorders Center, UMACC, 111 East Catherine Street, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Child Neuropsychol 12:247-67. 2006..For the severity of different RRBs, there were several significant effects for age and NVIQ, but few interactions...
- Predictors of perceived negative impact in mothers of children with autism spectrum disorderSomer L Bishop
University of Michigan, Autism and Communication Disorders Center, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Am J Ment Retard 112:450-61. 2007..Identifying predictors of perceived negative impact is an important first step in designing interventions to support families and target parents who may be at risk for experiencing higher levels of stress...
- The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-toddler module: a new module of a standardized diagnostic measure for autism spectrum disordersRhiannon Luyster
University of Michigan Autism and Communication Disorders Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 39:1305-20. 2009..The traditional algorithm "cutoffs" approach yielded high sensitivity and specificity, and a new range of concern approach was proposed...
- Is there a 'regressive phenotype' of Autism Spectrum Disorder associated with the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine? A CPEA StudyJennifer Richler
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109 2054, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 36:299-316. 2006..There was no evidence that onset of autistic symptoms or of regression was related to measles-mumps-rubella vaccination. The implications of these findings for the existence of a 'regressive phenotype' of ASD are discussed...
- Early regression in social communication in autism spectrum disorders: a CPEA StudyRhiannon Luyster
Autism and Communication Disorders Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109-2054, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 27:311-36. 2005..A significant minority of children with autism without word loss showed a very similar pattern of loss of social-communication skills, a pattern not observed in the children with developmental delays or typical development...
- The systemizing quotient: an investigation of adults with Asperger syndrome or high-functioning autism, and normal sex differencesSimon Baron-Cohen
Autism Research Centre, Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EB, UK
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 358:361-74. 2003..These results are discussed in relation to two linked theories: the 'empathizing-systemizing' (E-S) theory of sex differences and the extreme male brain (EMB) theory of autism...
- The Q-CHAT (Quantitative CHecklist for Autism in Toddlers): a normally distributed quantitative measure of autistic traits at 18-24 months of age: preliminary reportCarrie Allison
Autism Research Centre, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Douglas House, 18b Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AH, UK
J Autism Dev Disord 38:1414-25. 2008..8 (7.7)). The intraclass correlation for test-retest reliability was 0.82 (n = 330). The distribution in the control group was close to normal. Full examination of the clinical validity of the Q-CHAT and test properties is underway...