S A Richards
Affiliation: University of Vermont
- A nuclear export signal is essential for the cytosolic localization of the Ran binding protein, RanBP1S A Richards
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405 0068, USA
J Cell Biol 134:1157-68. 1996..The cytosolic location of RanBP1 may therefore be important for nuclear protein import. RanBP1 may provide a key link between the nuclear import and export pathways...
- Evidence using a green fluorescent protein-glucocorticoid receptor chimera that the Ran/TC4 GTPase mediates an essential function independent of nuclear protein importK L Carey
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont, Burlington, 05405 0068, USA
J Cell Biol 133:985-96. 1996..Most importantly, the results with the L43E Ran mutant provide strong evidence that Ran mediates a function essential to cell viability that is independent of nuclear protein import...
- Mutations within the Ran/TC4 GTPase. Effects on regulatory factor interactions and subcellular localizationK M Lounsbury
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Biol Chem 271:32834-41. 1996..Thus mutations that affect the interaction of Ran with regulatory proteins and effectors can disrupt the normal subcellular localization of Ran, lending support for the current model of Ran-mediated nuclear import...
- Ran binding domains promote the interaction of Ran with p97/beta-karyopherin, linking the docking and translocation steps of nuclear importK M Lounsbury
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405, USA
J Biol Chem 271:2357-60. 1996..These data suggest a physical link between docking and translocation mediated by a Ran GTPase-Ran binding protein complex...
- The Ran/TC4 GTPase-binding domain: identification by expression cloning and characterization of a conserved sequence motifA L Beddow
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05405 0068, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:3328-32. 1995..This open reading frame also contains similarities to nucleoporins, suggesting a functional link between Ran and nuclear pore complexes...
- Characterization of regulatory events associated with membrane targeting of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 1S A Richards
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:7470-80. 2001....