Affiliation: University of Rochester
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of antidepressants in Parkinson diseaseI H Richard
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Neurology 78:1229-36. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) and a serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) in the treatment of depression in Parkinson disease (PD)...
- Depression and apathy in Parkinson's diseaseIrene Hegeman Richard
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Mt Hope Professional Building, 1351 Mt Hope Avenue, Suite 100, Rochester, NY 14620 3917, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 7:295-301. 2007..Although we are making strides toward a better understanding of depression and apathy in PD, it is clear that more research is needed about these non-motor features...
- The ups and downs of Parkinson disease: a prospective study of mood and anxiety fluctuationsIrene H Richard
University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
Cogn Behav Neurol 17:201-7. 2004..Parkinson disease (PD) patients with motor fluctuations experience mood fluctuations, but studies have been limited in number and methodology...
- Risk factors for somnolence, edema, and hallucinations in early Parkinson diseaseKevin M Biglan
University of Rochester, Department of Neurology, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Neurology 69:187-95. 2007..A secondary finding of the trial was a higher than anticipated development or worsening of somnolence and edema and development of hallucinations...
- Anxiety disorders in Parkinson's diseaseIrene H Richard
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry Rochester, New York, USA
Adv Neurol 96:42-55. 2005..The optimal pharmacologic treatment for anxiety in patients with PD has not been established, nor has the effect of PD surgery on anxiety symptoms...
- Apathy does not equal depression in Parkinson disease: why we should careIrene Hegeman Richard
Neurology 67:10-1. 2006
- A reality test: How well do we understand psychosis in Parkinson's disease?M Saleem Ismail
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester, Medical Center, New York, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 16:8-18. 2004..They also identify limitations in our understanding of this complex phenomenon and conclude that, despite availability of reasonable treatments for psychosis in PD, the search for a better understanding of the phenomenon must continue...
- Worsening of motor function and mood in a patient with Parkinson's disease after pharmacologic challenge with oral rivastigmineIrene Hegeman Richard
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York 14642, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 25:296-9. 2002..We conclude that further studies should be done to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of these agents in this illness but that caution should be exercised when using acetylcholinesterase inhibitors in patients with PD...
- Parkinson's disease and dementia with Lewy bodies: one disease or two?Irene Hegeman Richard
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Neurology, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Mov Disord 17:1161-5. 2002..The mechanisms responsible for the different clinical presentations are not known, and the issue of whether PD and DLB represent two distinct diseases remains unsettled...
- Can "blue" genes affect mood and movement?Irene Hegeman Richard
Neurology 63:610-1. 2004
- Study of Antidepressants in Parkinson's Disease (SAD PD)IRENE RICHARD; Fiscal Year: 2007..The trial will clarify many important questions regarding the treatment of depression in patients with PD. ..
- Serotonergic Antidepressant in Parkinson's DiseaseIRENE RICHARD; Fiscal Year: 2002..The planning grant will set the stage for the clinical trial that will clarify many important questions regarding the optimal pharmacotherapy of depression in patients with PD. ..
- MOOD FLUCTUATIONS IN PARKINSON'S DISEASEIRENE RICHARD; Fiscal Year: 2004..It may also provide a better understanding of the mechanisms responsible for more pervasive forms of depression in PD, and perhaps even in primary psychiatric mood disturbances. ..