Irene Hegeman Richard
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Parkinson's disease and dementia with Lewy bodies: one disease or two?Irene Hegeman Richard
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Neurology, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Mov Disord 17:1161-5. 2002..The mechanisms responsible for the different clinical presentations are not known, and the issue of whether PD and DLB represent two distinct diseases remains unsettled...
- Worsening of motor function and mood in a patient with Parkinson's disease after pharmacologic challenge with oral rivastigmineIrene Hegeman Richard
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York 14642, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 25:296-9. 2002..We conclude that further studies should be done to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of these agents in this illness but that caution should be exercised when using acetylcholinesterase inhibitors in patients with PD...
- A reality test: How well do we understand psychosis in Parkinson's disease?M Saleem Ismail
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester, Medical Center, New York, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 16:8-18. 2004..They also identify limitations in our understanding of this complex phenomenon and conclude that, despite availability of reasonable treatments for psychosis in PD, the search for a better understanding of the phenomenon must continue...
- Depression and apathy in Parkinson's diseaseIrene Hegeman Richard
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Mt Hope Professional Building, 1351 Mt Hope Avenue, Suite 100, Rochester, NY 14620 3917, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 7:295-301. 2007..Although we are making strides toward a better understanding of depression and apathy in PD, it is clear that more research is needed about these non-motor features...
- Can "blue" genes affect mood and movement?Irene Hegeman Richard
Neurology 63:610-1. 2004
- Apathy does not equal depression in Parkinson disease: why we should careIrene Hegeman Richard
Neurology 67:10-1. 2006