David Q Rich
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Are ambient ultrafine, accumulation mode, and fine particles associated with adverse cardiac responses in patients undergoing cardiac rehabilitation?David Q Rich
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Environ Health Perspect 120:1162-9. 2012..Mechanisms underlying previously reported air pollution and cardiovascular (CV) morbidity associations remain poorly understood...
- Triggering of transmural infarctions, but not nontransmural infarctions, by ambient fine particlesDavid Q Rich
School of Public Health, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Environ Health Perspect 118:1229-34. 2010..Previous studies have reported increased risk of myocardial infarction (MI) after increases in ambient particulate matter (PM) air pollution concentrations in the hours and days before MI onset...
- Association between changes in air pollution levels during the Beijing Olympics and biomarkers of inflammation and thrombosis in healthy young adultsDavid Q Rich
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
JAMA 307:2068-78. 2012..Air pollution is a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases (CVD), but the underlying biological mechanisms are not well understood...
- Acute decreases in proteasome pathway activity after inhalation of fresh diesel exhaust or secondary organic aerosolHoward M Kipen
Clinical Research and Occupational Medicine Division, Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:658-63. 2011..The proteasome is an intracellular protein degradation system linked to both of these processes and may help mediate air pollution effects...
- Acute changes in heart rate variability in subjects with diabetes following a highway traffic exposureRobert J Laumbach
Division of Clinical Research and Occupational Medicine, Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
J Occup Environ Med 52:324-31. 2010..To pilot a protocol to evaluate acute cardiovascular effects in in-vehicle exposure to traffic air pollutants in people with diabetes...
- Geographic patterns in overall and specific cardiovascular disease incidence in apparently healthy men in the United StatesDavid Q Rich
Department of Epidemiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Public Health, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Stroke 38:2221-7. 2007..However, data on regional variability in overall cardiovascular disease (CVD) and specific coronary heart disease incidence are sparse...
- Impact of Air Pollution Reductions during the Beijing Olympics on Pre-term birthDavid Q Rich; Fiscal Year: 2010....