David Q Rich
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Are ambient ultrafine, accumulation mode, and fine particles associated with adverse cardiac responses in patients undergoing cardiac rehabilitation?David Q Rich
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Environ Health Perspect 120:1162-9. 2012..Mechanisms underlying previously reported air pollution and cardiovascular (CV) morbidity associations remain poorly understood...
- Triggering of transmural infarctions, but not nontransmural infarctions, by ambient fine particlesDavid Q Rich
School of Public Health, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Environ Health Perspect 118:1229-34. 2010..Previous studies have reported increased risk of myocardial infarction (MI) after increases in ambient particulate matter (PM) air pollution concentrations in the hours and days before MI onset...
- Comparison of techniques to reduce residential lead dust on carpet and upholstery: the new jersey assessment of cleaning techniques trialLih Ming Yiin
Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:1233-7. 2002..The similar lead loading results for carpets and upholstery indicate that soiled upholstery may be as important a source of childhood lead exposure as carpets...
- Field evaluation and comparison of five methods of sampling lead dust on carpetsZhipeng Bai
Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, USA
AIHA J (Fairfax, Va) 64:528-32. 2003..The authors recommend using surface wipe sampling to measure accessible lead from carpets for exposure assessment, and vacuum sampling to obtain the information on total lead accumulation...
- Association between changes in air pollution levels during the Beijing Olympics and biomarkers of inflammation and thrombosis in healthy young adultsDavid Q Rich
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
JAMA 307:2068-78. 2012..Air pollution is a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases (CVD), but the underlying biological mechanisms are not well understood...
- Acute changes in heart rate variability in subjects with diabetes following a highway traffic exposureRobert J Laumbach
Division of Clinical Research and Occupational Medicine, Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
J Occup Environ Med 52:324-31. 2010..To pilot a protocol to evaluate acute cardiovascular effects in in-vehicle exposure to traffic air pollutants in people with diabetes...
- Acute decreases in proteasome pathway activity after inhalation of fresh diesel exhaust or secondary organic aerosolHoward M Kipen
Clinical Research and Occupational Medicine Division, Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:658-63. 2011..The proteasome is an intracellular protein degradation system linked to both of these processes and may help mediate air pollution effects...
- The triggering of myocardial infarction by fine particles is enhanced when particles are enriched in secondary speciesDavid Q Rich
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 265 Crittenden Blvd, CU420644, Rochester, New York 14642, United States
Environ Sci Technol 47:9414-23. 2013..5 concentrations. Further work is needed to confirm these findings and examine which secondary PM2.5 component(s) is/are responsible for an acute MI response. ..
- Does ambient air pollution trigger stillbirth?Ambarina S Faiz
University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
Epidemiology 24:538-44. 2013..Here, we consider whether sudden increase in the mean ambient air pollutant concentration immediately before delivery triggers stillbirth...
- Trends and risk factors of stillbirth in New Jersey 1997-2005Ambarina S Faiz
School of Public Health, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ 08903, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:699-705. 2012..The purpose of this study was to examine the trends in the rates of stillbirth by race and ethnicity and to determine the risk factors of stillbirth...
- Right heart pressure increases after acute increases in ambient particulate concentrationDavid Q Rich
School of Public Health, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Environ Health Perspect 116:1167-71. 2008..5 microm (PM(2.5))] as an explanation for previous associations between congestive heart failure (HF) hospital admissions and PM...
- Geographic patterns in overall and specific cardiovascular disease incidence in apparently healthy men in the United StatesDavid Q Rich
Department of Epidemiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Public Health, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Stroke 38:2221-7. 2007..However, data on regional variability in overall cardiovascular disease (CVD) and specific coronary heart disease incidence are sparse...
- Comparison of home lead dust reduction techniques on hard surfaces: the New Jersey assessment of cleaning techniques trialDavid Q Rich
Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:889-93. 2002..Because neither vacuum nor detergent produced consistent results across surface types, the use of low-phosphate detergents and non-HEPA vacuums in a temporary control measure is supported...
- Impact of Air Pollution Reductions during the Beijing Olympics on Pre-term birthDavid Q Rich; Fiscal Year: 2010....