Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Inherited variant on chromosome 11q23 increases susceptibility to IDH-mutated but not IDH-normal gliomas regardless of grade or histologyTerri Rice
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Neuro Oncol 15:535-41. 2013..Because the inherited variant in 11q23 has been associated with risk of lower grade glioma and not with glioblastomas, we hypothesized that this variant increases susceptibility to IDH-mutated gliomas, but not to IDH-wild-type gliomas...
- Epithelial cells in nipple aspirate fluid and subsequent breast cancer risk: a historic prospective studyKimberly A Baltzell
University of California San Francisco, Department of Physiological Nursing, San Francisco, CA, USA
BMC Cancer 8:75. 2008....
- Daily intake of antioxidants in relation to survival among adult patients diagnosed with malignant gliomaGerald N DeLorenze
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA, USA
BMC Cancer 10:215. 2010..The influence of diet and antioxidant intake on glioma survival is not well understood. The current study examines the association between antioxidant intake and survival after glioma diagnosis...
- Circulating levels of the innate and humoral immune regulators CD14 and CD23 are associated with adult gliomaMi Zhou
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Cancer Res 70:7534-42. 2010..These results augment the long-observed association between allergies and glioma and support a role for the innate and adaptive humoral functions of the immune system, in particular immunoregulatory proteins, in gliomagenesis...
- Analysis of 60 reported glioma risk SNPs replicates published GWAS findings but fails to replicate associations from published candidate-gene studiesKyle M Walsh
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Genet Epidemiol 37:222-8. 2013..These results highlight that the deficiencies of the candidate-gene approach lay in selecting both appropriate genes and relevant SNPs within these genes...
- Genetic variants in telomerase-related genes are associated with an older age at diagnosis in glioma patients: evidence for distinct pathways of gliomagenesisKyle M Walsh
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Neuro Oncol 15:1041-7. 2013..We examined associations of these 7 established glioma risk loci with age at diagnosis among patients with glioma...
- Fine mapping of chromosome 15q25.1 lung cancer susceptibility in African-AmericansHelen M Hansen
Division of Neuroepidemiology, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:3652-61. 2010..002). The identified regions contain SNPs predicted to affect gene regulation. There are multiple lung cancer risk loci in the 15q25.1 region in African-Americans...
- SSBP2 variants are associated with survival in glioblastoma patientsYuanyuan Xiao
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco 185 Berry St, Suite 5700, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:3154-62. 2012..Glioblastoma is a devastating, incurable disease with few known prognostic factors. Here, we present the first genome-wide survival and validation study for glioblastoma...
- IgE, allergy, and risk of glioma: update from the San Francisco Bay Area Adult Glioma Study in the temozolomide eraJoseph L Wiemels
Department of Neurosurgery and Epidemiology, UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94143 0441, USA
Int J Cancer 125:680-7. 2009..These results have implications for the study of immunologic factors in glioma as well as for immunotherapy protocols for treating glioma...
- Variants in the CDKN2B and RTEL1 regions are associated with high-grade glioma susceptibilityMargaret Wrensch
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Genet 41:905-8. 2009..85 x 10(-10). On 20q13.3, rs6010620 intronic to RTEL1 had discovery P = 1.5 x 10(-7), replication P = 0.00035 and combined P = 3.40 x 10(-9). For both SNPs, the direction of association was the same in discovery and replication phases...