- Risky assessments: participant suicidality and distress associated with research assessments in a treatment study of suicidal behaviorSarah K Reynolds
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry and Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 36:19-34. 2006..Overall, our findings indicate that research with highly suicidal individuals can be done safely with the use of well-trained assessors and an appropriate crisis management protocol...
- The validity of the five-factor model prototypes for personality disorders in two clinical samplesJoshua D Miller
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychol Assess 16:310-22. 2004..In the 2nd sample (N = 132), the FFM PD similarity scores demonstrated excellent longitudinal stability and good predictive validity with regard to consensus ratings of PD features. The implications of these findings are discussed...
- The role of attachment styles and interpersonal problems in suicide-related behaviorsStephanie D Stepp
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburg, PA 15213, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 38:592-607. 2008..These findings suggest the importance of distinguishing between these groups of behaviors in terms of etiological pathways, maintenance processes, and treatment interventions...
- A simplified technique for scoring DSM-IV personality disorders with the Five-Factor ModelJoshua D Miller
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, USA
Assessment 12:404-15. 2005..Given the ease of this scoring procedure, the FFM count technique has obvious clinical utility...
- Two-year randomized controlled trial and follow-up of dialectical behavior therapy vs therapy by experts for suicidal behaviors and borderline personality disorderMarsha M Linehan
Behavioral Research and Therapy Clinics, Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 1525, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:757-66. 2006..Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is a treatment for suicidal behavior and borderline personality disorder with well-documented efficacy...