Jane E B Reusch
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus and exercise impairmentJane E B Reusch
Denver VA Medical Center, Clermont Street, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 14:77-86. 2013..Understanding the molecular details of endothelial dysfunction in diabetes may provide specific therapeutic targets for the remediation of this defect. Rat models to test this hypothesis are under study...
- Cardiovascular disease in diabetes: where does glucose fit in?Jane E B Reusch
Denver VA Medical Center, Clermont Street, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:2367-76. 2011..Recent prospective clinical trials have failed to confirm a unique benefit from normalization of glycemia on cardiovascular disease outcomes, despite evidence from basic vascular biology, epidemiological, and cohort studies...
- Platelet-derived growth factor BB induces nuclear export and proteasomal degradation of CREB via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cellsChrystelle V Garat
Cardiovascular Pulmonary Research, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Ave, Campus Box B 133, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:4934-48. 2006..These results indicate that in addition to direct phosphorylation, proteolysis and intracellular localization are key mechanisms regulating CREB content and activity in SMCs...
- Skeletal muscle deoxygenation after the onset of moderate exercise suggests slowed microvascular blood flow kinetics in type 2 diabetesTimothy A Bauer
Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Diabetes Care 30:2880-5. 2007....
- Content and activity of cAMP response element-binding protein regulate platelet-derived growth factor receptor-alpha content in vascular smooth musclesPeter A Watson
Denver Research Institute, Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1055 Clermont Street, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Endocrinology 143:2922-9. 2002..Thus, both in vitro and in vivo loss of CREB content and activity and subsequent accumulation of PDGFRalpha may contribute to SMC activation during diabetes...
- Rosiglitazone improves exercise capacity in individuals with type 2 diabetesJudith G Regensteiner
Division of Internal Medicine, Center for Women s Health Research, Box B 180, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E 9th Ave, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Diabetes Care 28:2877-83. 2005..We hypothesized that administration of a thiazolidinedione (TZD) agent would improve exercise capacity in type 2 diabetes...
- CREB downregulation in vascular disease: a common response to cardiovascular riskIrene E Schauer
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:733-41. 2010....
- Oral L-arginine and vitamins E and C improve endothelial function in women with type 2 diabetesJudith G Regensteiner
Department of Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Vasc Med 8:169-75. 2003..No significant changes in the responses of controls from pre to post vitamin administration were observed. We concluded that administration of two types of oral agents improved measures of endothelial function in people with T2DM...
- Atherosclerosis in diabetes and insulin resistanceJane E B Reusch
Research Service of Department of Veterans Affairs, and Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 9:455-63. 2007....
- Women with type 2 diabetes perceive harder effort during exercise than nondiabetic womenAmy G Huebschmann
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 34:851-7. 2009..Harder perceived effort during exercise may be a barrier to physical activity for those with T2D...
- Insulin resistance in adolescents with type 1 diabetes and its relationship to cardiovascular functionKristen J Nadeau
AssistantUniversity of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology B265, 13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:513-21. 2010..The phenotype of IR in T1D youth was unique, suggesting a pathophysiology that is different from T2D, yet may adversely affect long-term cardiovascular outcomes...
- Insulin resistance in adolescents with type 2 diabetes is associated with impaired exercise capacityKristen J Nadeau
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3687-95. 2009..Cardiopulmonary fitness, a marker of morbidity and mortality, is abnormal in adults with T2D, yet the mechanisms are incompletely understood...
- Nonesterified fatty acid exposure activates protective and mitogenic pathways in vascular smooth muscle cells by alternate signaling pathwaysIrene E Schauer
Denver Research Institute, Denver Veterans Administration Medical Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Metabolism 58:319-27. 2009....
- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease: changing the focus from glycemic control to improving long-term survivalCecilia C Low Wang
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, and Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:58B-68B. 2012....
- Novel actions of thiazolidinediones on vascular function and exercise capacityJane E B Reusch
Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
Am J Med 115:69S-74S. 2003..Preliminary data suggest that TZDs improve measures of cardiac function and exercise capacity, and investigators are assessing the impact of treatment with rosiglitazone on exercise capacity in an ongoing clinical trial...
- Cardiovascular risk in women with type 2 diabetesSuzanne L Brandenburg
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Box B 180, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Med Clin North Am 87:955-69. 2003....
- Loss of CREB regulation of vascular smooth muscle cell quiescence in diabetesJane E B Reusch
Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Colorado, Staff Endocrinologist, Denver VA Medical Center, American Federation for Medical Research, Colorado, USA
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 5:209-19. 2004
- Oxidative stress-mediated down-regulation of bcl-2 promoter in hippocampal neuronsSubbiah Pugazhenthi
The Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
J Neurochem 84:982-96. 2003..These findings demonstrate that loss of CREB function contributes to oxidative stress-induced neuronal dysfunction...
- Rosiglitazone attenuates hypoxia-induced pulmonary arterial remodelingJoseph T Crossno
Pulmonary and Critical Care Services, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L885-97. 2007..However, this agent fails to block the development of PH, apparently because of its inability to repress sustained Rho kinase-mediated arterial vasoconstriction...
- Diabetes, microvascular complications, and cardiovascular complications: what is it about glucose?Jane E B Reusch
Section of Endocrinology 111H, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1055 Clermont Street, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
J Clin Invest 112:986-8. 2003..Inhibitors of PARP may have potential therapeutic roles in the prevention of diabetic complications...
- Current concepts in insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and the metabolic syndromeJane E B Reusch
Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1055 Clairmont Street, M C 111 H, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:19G-26G. 2002..Studies have shown that enhancing insulin sensitivity with insulin sensitizers, such as thiazolidinediones, may improve insulin resistance and limit the development of adverse cardiovascular consequences...