George Z Retsch-Bogart
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Update on new pulmonary therapiesGeorge Z Retsch-Bogart
Division of Pulmonology, Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7217, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 15:604-10. 2009..This review focuses on the most notable clinical trials of pulmonary therapies reported in the last year...
- A phase 2 study of aztreonam lysine for inhalation to treat patients with cystic fibrosis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa infectionGeorge Z Retsch-Bogart
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7220, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:47-58. 2008..Aztreonam lysine for inhalation (AZLI) is being developed for treatment of CF patients with Pseudomonas aeruginosa airway infection...
- Efficacy and safety of inhaled aztreonam lysine for airway pseudomonas in cystic fibrosisGeorge Z Retsch-Bogart
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7217, USA
Chest 135:1223-32. 2009..We assessed the short-term efficacy and safety of aztreonam lysine for inhalation (AZLI [an aerosolized monobactam antibiotic]) in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA) airway infection...
- Inflammatory and microbiologic markers in induced sputum after intravenous antibiotics in cystic fibrosisClaudia L Ordonez
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 168:1471-5. 2003..Seven of 127 (6%) sputum induction procedures showed a decrease in FEV1 of 20% or more. We conclude that markers in induced sputum may be useful, noninvasive outcome measures to assess response to therapies in cystic fibrosis studies...
- Microbiology, safety, and pharmacokinetics of aztreonam lysinate for inhalation in patients with cystic fibrosisRonald L Gibson
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98105 0371, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 41:656-65. 2006..Aztreonam lysinate for inhalation (AI) is a novel monobactam formulation being investigated for pulmonary Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- Computed tomography reflects lower airway inflammation and tracks changes in early cystic fibrosisStephanie D Davis
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7220, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:943-50. 2007..Detecting and tracking early cystic fibrosis (CF) lung disease are difficult due to lack of sensitive markers of airway dysfunction...