E Danielle Rentz
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Family violence in the military: a review of the literatureE Danielle Rentz
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Trauma Violence Abuse 7:93-108. 2006..Mixed results were found when comparing military and nonmilitary families in terms of child maltreatment and spouse abuse, in part because of a lack of consistency in policies and practices between military and civilian agencies...
- Effect of deployment on the occurrence of child maltreatment in military and nonmilitary familiesE Danielle Rentz
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Epidemiol 165:1199-206. 2007..Intervention programs should be implemented to mitigate family dysfunction in times of potential stress...
- Substance use by soldiers who abuse their spousesSandra L Martin
Department of Maternal and Child Health, CB 7445, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7445, USA
Violence Against Women 16:1295-310. 2010....
- Occurrence of maltreatment in active duty military and nonmilitary families in the State of TexasE Danielle Rentz
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, CB 7435, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Mil Med 173:515-22. 2008..The proportion of families with financial problems and public assistance is lower in military than nonmilitary families, suggesting that these factors may increase stress in families and the risk of maltreatment...
- Male soldier family violence offenders: spouse and child offenders compared to child offendersSandra L Martin
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7445, USA
Violence Vict 24:458-68. 2009....
- Physical and sexual violence among North Carolina women: associations with physical health, mental health, and functional impairmentSandra L Martin
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7445, USA
Womens Health Issues 18:130-40. 2008..This study examines links between women's experiences of violence during adulthood (including physical and sexual violence) and women's physical health, mental health, and functional status...
- Child maltreatment and substance abuse among U.S. Army soldiersDeborah A Gibbs
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Child Maltreat 13:259-68. 2008....