Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Linking HIV-seropositive youth with health care: evaluation of an interventionG Remafedi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 15:147-51. 2001..In conclusion, the system of name linked reporting of HIV/AIDS cases was used successfully to increase case management by 55% above baseline levels...
- Suicidality in a venue-based sample of young men who have sex with menGary Remafedi
Youth and AIDS Projects, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403, USA
J Adolesc Health 31:305-10. 2002..55, 95% confidence interval = .31,.97). This study corroborates the findings of prior studies of high rates of suicide attempts among YMSM. In addition, it demonstrates that attempts are more prevalent among out-of-school youths...
- Preventing tobacco use among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youthsGary Remafedi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Youth and AIDS Projects, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 7:249-56. 2005....
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youths: who smokes, and why?Gary Remafedi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 9:S65-71. 2007..Highlighting the positive attributes of nonsmokers and nonsmoking might prove useful in prevention campaigns...
- Sexual risk taking among young internet-using men who have sex with menKeith J Horvath
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Am J Public Health 98:1059-67. 2008..We examined the characteristics of young Internet-using men who have sex with men (MSM) and risks associated with seeking sex online, offline, or through both strategies...
- Trends in sexual risk-taking among urban young men who have sex with men, 1999-2002Carolyn A Guenther-Grey
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30030, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 97:38S-43S. 2005..Behavioral trends among YMSM vary considerably across subpopulations and highlight the necessity of local behavioral surveillance and culturally tailored prevention efforts for specific racial and ethnic groups...
- Adolescent homosexuality: dare we ask the question?Gary Remafedi
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:1303-4. 2006