Affiliation: University of Washington
- Major regulatory changes and the impact on diagnostic imaging in the United States 2005 to 2012∗: ∗effective may 15, 2013Annemarie Relyea-Chew
Department of Radiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, Department of Radiology, Box 359728, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104 2499 Electronic address
Acad Radiol 20:1063-8. 2013..This paper surveys the major regulations and current issues that pose challenges to the practice of diagnostic imaging in the United States, from the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 through the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012. ..
- Dedicated core clerkship in radiology for medical students development, implementation, evaluation, and comparison with distributed clerkshipAnnemarie Relyea-Chew
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Box 359960, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Acad Radiol 14:1127-36. 2007..The authors performed this study to develop, implement, and evaluate a dedicated core clerkship in radiology for the required clinical clerkship year of medical school, and to compare it with the distributed core clerkship that it replaced...
- Ethical considerations in CMS's coverage with evidence developmentAnnemarie Relyea-Chew
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 8:838-41. 2011..The author describes ethical considerations and issues associated with the process of coverage with evidence development for generating evidence for novel or emerging technologies...
- Spreadsheet application for radiology resident match rank listFelix S Chew
Department of Radiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1088, USA
Acad Radiol 12:379-84. 2005..The aim was to develop, implement, and evaluate a spreadsheet application that streamlined the creation of a match list for resident selection...
- Distributed Web-supported radiology clerkship for the required clinical clerkship year of medical school: development, implementation, and evaluationFelix S Chew
Department of Radiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1088, USA
Acad Radiol 9:713-20. 2002..The authors performed this study to develop, implement, and evaluate a new radiology clerkship for the required clinical clerkship year of medical school...
- Application of the case method in medical student radiology educationFelix S Chew
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Acad Radiol 12:746-51. 2005..We adapted the format of the case method commonly used in business schools...
- A dedicated general competencies curriculum for radiology residents development and implementationAnnemarie Relyea-Chew
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, 98104 2499, USA
Acad Radiol 18:650-4. 2011..In response, a required, or dedicated general competencies rotation for diagnostic radiology residents was instituted...
- Methodology and application of clinical trials in radiology: self-assessment moduleWilliam C Black
Department of Radiology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:S23-8. 2008....
- Using the Internet for image transfer in a regional trauma network: effect on CT repeat rate, cost, and radiation exposurePatrick T Flanagan
Department of Radiology, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, California, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 9:648-56. 2012....
- Postmortem computed tomography of cadavers embalmed for use in teaching gross anatomyFelix S Chew
Department of Radiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, NC, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 30:949-54. 2006..We describe the imaging findings of these embalmed cadavers...
- Radiation exposure from pediatric head CT: a bi-institutional studyMary A King
Department of Pediatrics, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Pediatr Radiol 39:1059-65. 2009..Medical radiation from CT should be kept as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA), particularly in young patients...