Thomas M Reischl
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Youth empowerment solutions for violence preventionThomas M Reischl
Prevention Research Center of Michigan, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 22:581-600, xiii. 2011..The literature review and the case study suggest the promise of engaging and empowering youth to plan and implement youth violence prevention programs...
- Responsive evaluation of competency-based public health preparedness training programsThomas M Reischl
University of Michigan School of Public Health, 109 S Observatory Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract . 2005..To describe how the Michigan Center for Public Health Preparedness (MI-CPHP) responded to the challenge and urgency in delivering competency-based preparedness training and documenting its impact utilizing a responsive evaluation approach...
- Assessing emergency response training needs of local environmental health professionalsThomas M Reischl
University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Environ Health 71:14-9. 2008..Variations in specific ratings helped identify training needs. The discussion of these results focused on the implications of this study for the development of emergency response training for environmental health professionals...
- Youth Empowerment Solutions for Peaceful Communities: combining theory and practice in a community-level violence prevention curriculumMarc A Zimmerman
Prevention Research Center of Michigan, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2029, USA
Health Promot Pract 12:425-39. 2011..The curriculum process evaluation includes staff and youth feedback. This theoretically based, field-tested curriculum is designed to be easily adapted and implemented in a diverse range of communities...
- Organizational empowerment in community mobilization to address youth violenceDerek M Griffith
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2029, USA
Am J Prev Med 34:S89-99. 2008..This framework also highlights how organizational structures and processes are central components of multilevel strategies for organizing and mobilizing community efforts to address youth violence...
- National data for monitoring and evaluating racial and ethnic health inequities: where do we go from here?Derek M Griffith
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Health Educ Behav 33:470-87. 2006....
- Using process evaluation to strengthen intergenerational partnerships in the Youth Empowerment Solutions programSusan Franzen
University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Prev Interv Community 37:289-301. 2009..The students and neighborhood advocates reported increased positive experiences after the second program year, but continued to note the challenges of working inter-generationally on community improvement projects...
- Enhancing parenting skills among nonresident African American fathers as a strategy for preventing youth risky behaviorsCleopatra Howard Caldwell
School of Public Health, University of Michigan, 109 Observatory Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Am J Community Psychol 45:17-35. 2010..Findings are discussed from a family support perspective, including the need to involve nonresident African American fathers in youth risky behavior prevention efforts...