Affiliation: University of Florida
- Gray matter repair in the cervical spinal cordPaul J Reier
Department of Neuroscience, McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Box 100244, Gainesville, FL 32610 0244, USA
Prog Brain Res 137:49-70. 2002
- Translational spinal cord injury research: preclinical guidelines and challengesPaul J Reier
Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Handb Clin Neurol 109:411-33. 2012....
- Cellular transplantation strategies for spinal cord injury and translational neurobiologyPaul J Reier
College of Medicine and McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
NeuroRx 1:424-51. 2004..Attention is primarily directed at preclinical animal modeling and the importance of patterning clinical trials, as much as possible, according to laboratory experiences...
- Patterns of gene expression reveal a temporally orchestrated wound healing response in the injured spinal cordMargaret J Velardo
Department of Neuroscience, McKnight Brain Institute of the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0244, USA
J Neurosci 24:8562-76. 2004..These results have significant bearing on the continuing development of cellular and pharmacological therapeutics directed at tissue rescue and neuronal regeneration in the injured spinal cord...
- Morphological changes of the soleus motoneuron pool in chronic midthoracic contused ratsProdip Bose
Department of Neuroscience, McKnight Brain Institute at the University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Exp Neurol 191:13-23. 2005....
- Respiratory motor recovery after unilateral spinal cord injury: eliminating crossed phrenic activity decreases tidal volume and increases contralateral respiratory motor outputFrancis J Golder
Department of Physiological Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Neurosci 23:2494-501. 2003..Moreover, by preventing ipsilateral phrenic motor recovery in rats with unilateral SCI, segmental and supraspinal changes could be induced in contralateral respiratory motor output beyond that seen with SCI alone...
- Effects on neurite outgrowth and cell survival of a secreted fibroblast growth factor binding protein upregulated during spinal cord injuryElena Tassi
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Research Bldg E311, Georgetown University, 3970 Reservoir Road, N W, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R775-83. 2007....
- Locomotor training restores walking in a nonambulatory child with chronic, severe, incomplete cervical spinal cord injuryAndrea L Behrman
Department of Physical Therapy, College of Public Health and Health Professions, University of Florida, PO Box 100154, Gainesville, FL 32610 0154, USA
Phys Ther 88:580-90. 2008..The animal literature suggests that the effects of LT may be greater on an immature nervous system than on a mature nervous system. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of LT in a child with chronic, incomplete SCI...
- Augmented breath phase volume and timing relationships in the anesthetized ratFrancis J Golder
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Neurosci Lett 373:89-93. 2005..These data support the hypothesis that multiple respiratory behaviors occur following dynamic reconfiguration of the respiratory neural network...
- Septations in chronic spinal cord injury cavities contain axonsMilan Radojicic
Reeve Irvine Research Center, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, 2111 Gillespie Neuroscience Research Facility, College of Medicine, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 4292, USA
Exp Neurol 196:339-41. 2005..Here, we show for the first time in a rodent model of chronic SCI that the septations spanning cavities contain axons...
- Recombinant adeno-associated virus-mediated global anterograde delivery of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor to the spinal cord: comparison of rubrospinal and corticospinal tracts in the ratKevin D Foust
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Hum Gene Ther 19:71-82. 2008..Spinal cord GDNF levels were elevated at distances up to 72 mm from the injection sites, and confirmed that RST-related GDNF transport to spinal cord surpassed CST-associated delivery...