Affiliation: University of Kansas
- Using population-based data to examine preventive services by disability type among dually eligible (Medicare/Medicaid) adultsAmanda Reichard
University of Kansas, Research and Training Center on Independent Living, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Disabil Health J 6:75-86. 2013..While much work has examined high expenditures, little is known about their health and details of their health care utilization...
- Quality of diabetes care for adults with physical disabilities in KansasAmanda Reichard
Research and Training Center on Independent Living, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66044, USA
Disabil Health J 5:34-40. 2012..Similar to health disparities found among racial and ethnic minority groups, individuals with physical disabilities experience a greater risk for diabetes than those without disabilities...
- Health disparities among adults with physical disabilities or cognitive limitations compared to individuals with no disabilities in the United StatesAmanda Reichard
Research and Training Center on Independent Living, University of Kansas, Lawrence, 66049, USA
Disabil Health J 4:59-67. 2011..However, only a limited number of studies have used nationally representative data to examine the health status of individuals with disabilities in comparison to those without disabilities...
- Diabetes among adults with cognitive limitations compared to individuals with no cognitive disabilitiesAmanda Reichard
University of Kansas, Research and Training Center on Independent Living, 1000 Sunnyside Ave, Suite 4089, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Intellect Dev Disabil 49:141-54. 2011..The health disparities we found in this study demonstrate the need to improve disease prevention and education efforts for individuals with cognitive limitations and their health care providers...
- Psychotropic medication use among Kansas Medicaid youths with disabilitiesTheresa I Shireman
University of Kansas School of Pharmacy and Landon Center on Aging, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 7582, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:107-15. 2005..Future work should explore the appropriateness and effectiveness of these medications within specifically targeted subgroups...
- Access to health care for individuals with developmental disabilities from minority backgroundsAmanda Reichard
Beach Center on Disability, University of Kansas, Haworth Hall, 1200 Sunnyside Ave, Room 3136, Lawrence, KS 66045 7534, USA
Ment Retard 42:459-70. 2004....