D E Reece
Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Interim analysis of the use of the anti-idiotype breast cancer vaccine 11D10 (TriAb) in conjunction with autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with metastatic breast cancerD E Reece
University of Kentucky, Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Lexington, KY, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 2:52-8. 2001..Moreover, in this interim analysis, patients with the most vigorous humoral and cellular immune responses had a significant improvement in progression-free survival. Further follow-up and evaluation of this approach is warranted...
- Amifostine and autologous hematopoietic stem cell support of escalating-dose melphalan: a phase I studyG L Phillips
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:473-83. 2004..Further studies are needed not only to confirm these findings, but also to define the antitumor efficacy of this regimen. Finally, it may be possible to evaluate additional methods of further dose escalation of melphalan in this setting...
- Adenovirus infections in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsD S Howard
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Lucille Parker Markey Cancer Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Clin Infect Dis 29:1494-501. 1999..A multiple logistic regression analysis showed that isolating adenovirus from more than 1 site correlated with greater risk for invasive infections (P=.002). Invasive infections were associated with poorer chance of survival...
- The use of conventional salvage chemotherapy before dose-intensive cytotoxic therapy and autologous transplantation for aggressive-histology lymphoma: a case for re-evaluationG L Phillips
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Kentucky, Markey Cancer Center, Lexington, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 26:507-13. 1997..Clinical trials are needed to resolve the issue. If the utility of CSCT is not validated, it should be abandoned. If it is validated, however, we may begin to address ways in which CSCT may be given more effectively...
- Activity of single-agent melphalan 220-300 mg/m2 with amifostine cytoprotection and autologous hematopoietic stem cell support in non-Hodgkin and Hodgkin lymphomaG L Phillips
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:781-7. 2004..This experience may be used as a starting point for subsequent dose escalation of HDMEL (probably with AF) in established combination regimens...