Peter W Reddien
Affiliation: University of Utah
- The engulfment process of programmed cell death in caenorhabditis elegansPeter W Reddien
Dept of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 20:193-221. 2004..The known mechanisms for cell-corpse engulfment leave much to be discovered concerning this fundamental aspect of metazoan biology...
- Fundamentals of planarian regenerationPeter W Reddien
University of Utah School of Medicine, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 3401, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 20:725-57. 2004....
- SMEDWI-2 is a PIWI-like protein that regulates planarian stem cellsPeter W Reddien
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Science 310:1327-30. 2005..We suggest that SMEDWI-2 functions within dividing neoblasts to support the generation of cells that promote regeneration and homeostasis...
- Identification of genes needed for regeneration, stem cell function, and tissue homeostasis by systematic gene perturbation in planariaPeter W Reddien
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, 84132, USA
Dev Cell 8:635-49. 2005....
- Ingestion of bacterially expressed double-stranded RNA inhibits gene expression in planariansPhillip A Newmark
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, B107 Chemical Life Sciences Laboratory, 601 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:11861-5. 2003..These results pave the way for large-scale screens for genes involved in regenerative processes...
- DPL-1 DP, LIN-35 Rb and EFL-1 E2F act with the MCD-1 zinc-finger protein to promote programmed cell death in Caenorhabditis elegansPeter W Reddien
Department of Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Genetics 175:1719-33. 2007..We propose that the DPL-1 DP, MCD-1 zinc finger, EFL-1 E2F, LIN-35 Rb, LIN-37 Mip40, and LIN-52 dLin52 proteins act together in transcriptional regulation to promote programmed cell death...
- BMP signaling regulates the dorsal planarian midline and is needed for asymmetric regenerationPeter W Reddien
MIT Biology, Whitehead Institute, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 134:4043-51. 2007..We suggest injured animals that lack left-right symmetry reset their midline through modulation of BMP activity as an early and necessary event in regeneration...
- Smed-betacatenin-1 is required for anteroposterior blastema polarity in planarian regenerationChristian P Petersen
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Science 319:327-30. 2008..Our data suggest that beta-catenin specifies the posterior character of the anteroposterior axis throughout the Bilateria and specifies regeneration polarity in planarians...