Martin C Rechsteiner
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Mobilizing the proteolytic machine: cell biological roles of proteasome activators and inhibitorsMartin Rechsteiner
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Trends Cell Biol 15:27-33. 2005..In this article, we briefly review the biochemical data and discuss the possible biological roles of PA28, PA200 and proteasome inhibitors...
- Ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis: an ideal pathway for systems biology analysisMartin C Rechsteiner
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 547:49-59. 2004..Cellular components that activate, transfer, remove, or simply recognize ubiquitin number in the hundreds, perhaps even in the thousands. In light of this complexity the ubiquitin pathway is ideal for a systems biology approach...
- Hsp90 enhances degradation of oxidized calmodulin by the 20 S proteasomeJennifer E Whittier
Cell Biology and Biochemistry Group, Biological Sciences Division, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
J Biol Chem 279:46135-42. 2004..These results indicate that Hsp90 in association with the 20 S proteasome can selectively associate with oxidized and partially unfolded CaM to promote degradation by the proteasome...
- Tertiary structural rearrangements upon oxidation of Methionine145 in calmodulin promotes targeted proteasomal degradationColette A Sacksteder
Cell Biology and Biochemistry Group, Biological Sciences Division, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington, USA
Biophys J 91:1480-93. 2006..e., Met145) promote the degradation of CaM by the proteasome/Hsp90, suggesting a mechanism to regulate cellular metabolism through the targeted modulation of CaM abundance in response to oxidative stress...
- PROPERTIES OF AN ATP/UBIQUITIN-DEPENDENT PROTEASEMartin Rechsteiner; Fiscal Year: 2003..For these reasons, increased knowledge of the 26S proteasome should have significant medical implications. ..
- MOLECULAR DISSECTION OF A PROTEASOME ACTIVATORMartin Rechsteiner; Fiscal Year: 2003..The precursors will be expressed in mouse LKb cells, and the surface expression of Class I-ovalbumin peptide complexes will be measured using a quantitative monoclonal antibody assay. ..
- Proteasomes, PODs and Polyglutamine DiseasesMartin Rechsteiner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Obtaining such a result would justify the search for therapeutic agents able to convert wild-type proteasome activator to the mutant form. ..
- PROPERTIES OF AN ATP-UBIQUITIN DEPENDENT PROTEASEMartin Rechsteiner; Fiscal Year: 1993..Finally, two separate enzymes that accurately process pentaUb to Ub have been identified. We will purify each enzyme, and we will continue our studies on poly-ubiquitin metabolism...
- PROPERTIES OF AN ATP/UBIQUITIN-DEPENDENT PROTEASEMartin Rechsteiner; Fiscal Year: 1999..For these reasons, better understanding of the protease should have significant medical implications. ..
- PURIFICATION OF AN ATP/UBIQUITIN-DEPENDENT PROTEASEMartin Rechsteiner; Fiscal Year: 1990..Finally, we will continue to analyze the structure of ubiquitin-lysozyme conjugates in an attempt to discover why they are anomalously large...