Judith A Reaven
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Improving transportability of a cognitive-behavioral treatment intervention for anxiety in youth with autism spectrum disorders: Results from a US-Canada collaborationJudy Reaven
University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine, Denver, USA
Autism 19:211-22. 2015..Meaningful reductions in anxiety were reported posttreatment for 53% of children. Results support the initial effectiveness and transportability of Facing Your Fears Therapy in new clinical settings. ..
- Facing your fears in adolescence: cognitive-behavioral therapy for high-functioning autism spectrum disorders and anxietyJudy Reaven
Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Autism Res Treat 2012:423905. 2012..Limitations include small sample size and lack of control group. Future directions are discussed...
- Group cognitive behavior therapy for children with high-functioning autism spectrum disorders and anxiety: a randomized trialJudy Reaven
Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, 13121 E 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 53:410-9. 2012..Cognitive behavioral therapies (CBT) are frequently used with success for children with anxiety symptoms. Modified CBT interventions for anxiety in children with ASD have also yielded promising results...
- Children with high-functioning autism spectrum disorders and co-occurring anxiety symptoms: implications for assessment and treatmentJudith A Reaven
University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, JFK Partners, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Spec Pediatr Nurs 14:192-9. 2009..The purpose of this article is to provide guidance and recommendations for children with high-functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and anxiety, including suggestions for assessment and intervention...
- The treatment of anxiety symptoms in youth with high-functioning autism spectrum disorders: developmental considerations for parentsJudy Reaven
JFK Partners, Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Brain Res 1380:255-63. 2011..Specific recommendations for parent involvement will be provided...
- Use of the ADOS and ADI-R in children with psychosis: importance of clinical judgmentJudith A Reaven
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora 80045, USA
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 13:81-94. 2008..Issues concerning overlap of symptom presentation and implications for research and clinical use of these assessment tools are discussed...