Judith A Reaven
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Examining the Relationship Between Parental Anxiety and Treatment Response in Children and Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder and AnxietyJudy Reaven
JFK Partners, Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine, 13121 E 17th Ave C 234, Aurora, CO, 80045, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 45:2464-73. 2015..However, parental trait anxiety significantly decreased from pre- to post-treatment for parents of treatment responders. The findings are consistent with previous research and suggest a youth-to-parent influence. ..
- Improving transportability of a cognitive-behavioral treatment intervention for anxiety in youth with autism spectrum disorders: results from a US-Canada collaborationJudy Reaven
University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine, Denver, USA
Autism 19:211-22. 2015..Meaningful reductions in anxiety were reported posttreatment for 53% of children. Results support the initial effectiveness and transportability of Facing Your Fears Therapy in new clinical settings. ..
- Facing your fears in adolescence: cognitive-behavioral therapy for high-functioning autism spectrum disorders and anxietyJudy Reaven
Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Autism Res Treat 2012:423905. 2012..Limitations include small sample size and lack of control group. Future directions are discussed...
- Group cognitive behavior therapy for children with high-functioning autism spectrum disorders and anxiety: a randomized trialJudy Reaven
Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, 13121 E 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 53:410-9. 2012..Cognitive behavioral therapies (CBT) are frequently used with success for children with anxiety symptoms. Modified CBT interventions for anxiety in children with ASD have also yielded promising results...
- Children with high-functioning autism spectrum disorders and co-occurring anxiety symptoms: implications for assessment and treatmentJudith A Reaven
University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, JFK Partners, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Spec Pediatr Nurs 14:192-9. 2009..The purpose of this article is to provide guidance and recommendations for children with high-functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and anxiety, including suggestions for assessment and intervention...
- The treatment of anxiety symptoms in youth with high-functioning autism spectrum disorders: developmental considerations for parentsJudy Reaven
JFK Partners, Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Brain Res 1380:255-63. 2011..Specific recommendations for parent involvement will be provided...
- Use of the ADOS and ADI-R in children with psychosis: importance of clinical judgmentJudith A Reaven
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora 80045, USA
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 13:81-94. 2008..Issues concerning overlap of symptom presentation and implications for research and clinical use of these assessment tools are discussed...