Jonathan I Ravdin
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Globalization: a new dimension for academic internal medicineJonathan I Ravdin
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Am J Med 119:805-10. 2006
- Identification of the Entamoeba histolytica galactose-inhibitable lectin epitopes recognized by human immunoglobulin A antibodies following cure of amebic liver abscessMohamed D Abd-Alla
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, 516 Delaware Street, MMC 194, PWB 14 110, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Infect Immun 72:3974-80. 2004..This study identifies the lectin epitopes to be studied in an amebiasis subunit vaccine designed to elicit mucosal immunity mimicking that of humans cured of ALA...
- Adherence-inhibitory intestinal immunoglobulin a antibody response in baboons elicited by use of a synthetic intranasal lectin-based amebiasis subunit vaccineMohamed D Abd Alla
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, 14 110 Phillips Wangensteen Building, 516 Delaware Street S E, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Infect Immun 75:3812-22. 2007..Future studies with the baboon model will determine vaccine efficacy against asymptomatic E. histolytica intestinal infection...
- Mucosal immunity to asymptomatic Entamoeba histolytica and Entamoeba dispar infection is associated with a peak intestinal anti-lectin immunoglobulin A antibody responseMohamed D Abd-Alla
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, 14-110 Phillips Wangensteen Building, 516 Delaware Street S.E, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Infect Immun 74:3897-903. 2006..histolytica and E. dispar infection and revealed that ALA subjects exhibit heightened intestinal anti-lectin IgA antibody peaks that are associated with clearance of E. histolytica and E. dispar infection...
- Intestinal antilectin immunoglobulin A antibody response and immunity to Entamoeba dispar infection following cure of amebic liver abscessJonathan I Ravdin
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Infect Immun 71:6899-905. 2003..dispar infection. Determination of immunity to E. histolytica following cure of ALA will require the use of more sensitive and reliable diagnostic methods...
- Prevalence and incidence of Entamoeba histolytica infection in South Africa and EgyptWilliam Stauffer
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and International Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Arch Med Res 37:266-9. 2006..Further studies are needed to determine the burden of infection and disease in Africa...
- Estimating the patient care costs of teaching in a teaching hospitalRobert L Kane
University of Minnesota Clinical Outcomes Research Center, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Med 118:767-72. 2005....
- Entamoeba histolytica: an updateWilliam Stauffer
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Disease and International Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 16:479-85. 2003..SUMMARY: E. histolytica remains an important pathogen in many populations of the world and although there has been substantial progress into understanding the disease major challenges still exist...
- Genotyping of Entamoeba species in South Africa: diversity, stability, and transmission patterns within familiesMehreen Zaki
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 187:1860-9. 2003..histolytica. Mixed infections were rare. The results indicate that this typing method will be useful in identifying epidemiological linkage between infections...
- Real-time PCR for detection and differentiation of Entamoeba histolytica and Entamoeba dispar in fecal samplesJoerg Blessmann
Department of Molecular Parasitology, Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine, Hamburg, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 40:4413-7. 2002..histolytica or E. dispar infection...
- Diagnosis of amoebic colitis by antigen capture ELISA in patients presenting with acute diarrhoea in Cairo, EgyptMohamed D Abd-Alla
El-Hussein University Hospital, Cairo, Egypt
Trop Med Int Health 7:365-70. 2002..In summary, as determined by antigen-detection enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, there is an unexpectedly high prevalence of amoebic colitis among patients presenting with acute diarrhoea to a tropical disease clinic in Cairo, Egypt...