Affiliation: University of Toledo
- During hormone depletion or tamoxifen treatment of breast cancer cells the estrogen receptor apoprotein supports cell cycling through the retinoic acid receptor α1 apoproteinMarcela D Salazar
Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, Medical University of Ohio, 3000 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Breast Cancer Res 13:R18. 2011..Regardless of the resistance mechanism, development and progression of the resistant tumors requires the persistence of a basal level of cycling cells during the treatment for which the underlying causes are unclear...
- Hormone depletion-insensitivity of prostate cancer cells is supported by the AR without binding to classical response elementsMesfin Gonit
Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, Medical University of Ohio, 3035 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:621-34. 2011..Therefore, a potentially diverse set of ARE-independent mechanisms of AR interactions with target genes must underlie truly hormone depletion-insensitive gene regulation and proliferation in prostate cancer...
- Dissecting the Mechanisms of Tamoxifen ActionManohar Ratnam; Fiscal Year: 2009..We propose to further investigate this and other mechanisms of tamoxifen action and in the process, to identify lead compounds whose properties are superior to that of tamoxifen. ..
- Modulation of Folate Receptor via the Estrogen ReceptorManohar Ratnam; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of a Tumor Target Through Steroid ReceptorsManohar Ratnam; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Gene Regulation for Drug Targeting in AMLManohar Ratnam; Fiscal Year: 2009..The studies should provide a solid foundation for designing clinical trials of new AML therapies and should also elucidate a fundamentally novel mechanism of gene regulation by retinoid receptors. ..
- Genetic analysis of GPI-protein recycling via membrane *Manohar Ratnam; Fiscal Year: 2002..The mechanistic roles of such known and novel proteins in FR-mediated transport will be the subject of future investigations. The studies are expected to provide new insights of a fundamental nature into membrane transport processes. ..
- Dissecting the Mechanisms of Tamoxifen ActionManohar Ratnam; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to further investigate this and other mechanisms of tamoxifen action and in the process, to identify lead compounds whose properties are superior to that of tamoxifen. ..
- MECHANISMS CONTROLLING EXPRESSION OF NEW TUMOR TARGETSManohar Ratnam; Fiscal Year: 2002..They further promise to reveal novel mechanisms of tissue/tumor specific gene regulation with potential applications in the broad context of future gene therapy strategies. ..