Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Preoperative chemotherapy: updates of National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Protocols B-18 and B-27Priya Rastogi
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Magee Womens Hospital, 300 Halket St, Room 3524, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:778-85. 2008..Protocol B-27 was designed to determine the effect of adding docetaxel (T) to preoperative AC on tumor response rates, DFS, and OS...
- Chemoprevention in postmenopausal womenPriya Rastogi
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Menopause 15:810-5. 2008..Raloxifene offers an acceptable option for breast cancer risk reduction in postmenopausal women...
- Concurrent bevacizumab with a sequential regimen of doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel and capecitabine as neoadjuvant therapy for HER2- locally advanced breast cancer: a phase II trial of the NSABP Foundation Research GroupPriya Rastogi
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Four Allegheny Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 11:228-34. 2011..The purpose of this trial was to determine the activity and safety profile of neoadjuvant bevacizumab with chemotherapy in women with locally advanced breast cancer (LABC)...
- Longer therapy, iatrogenic amenorrhea, and survival in early breast cancerSandra M Swain
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Washington Cancer Institute at Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
N Engl J Med 362:2053-65. 2010..The effectiveness of concurrent versus sequential regimens is not known...
- What do perceived cognitive problems reflect?Catherine M Bender
University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing, 3500 Victoria Street, Suite 415, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Support Oncol 6:238-42. 2008..At a minimum, our results indicated that women's complaints of cognitive problems should prompt additional assessment to clarify the bases of the problem and initiate appropriate intervention...
- Seven-year follow-up assessment of cardiac function in NSABP B-31, a randomized trial comparing doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel (ACP) with ACP plus trastuzumab as adjuvant therapy for patients with node-positive, human epidermal grEdward H Romond
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, East Commons Professional Building, Four Allegheny Center, 5th Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:3792-9. 2012..Given the demonstrated efficacy of trastuzumab, ongoing assessment of cardiac safety and identification of risk factors for CD are important for optimal patient care...
- Assessment of cardiac dysfunction in a randomized trial comparing doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel, with or without trastuzumab as adjuvant therapy in node-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing breast canElizabeth Tan-Chiu
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project NSABP, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7811-9. 2005..Trastuzumab is effective in treating human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -positive breast cancer, but it increases frequency of cardiac dysfunction (CD) when used with or after anthracyclines...
- Memory impairments with adjuvant anastrozole versus tamoxifen in women with early-stage breast cancerCatherine M Bender
University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Menopause 14:995-8. 2007..We hypothesized, therefore, that anastrozole would have a more profound effect on cognitive function than tamoxifen, a mixed estrogen agonist/antagonist...
- Gemcitabine/epirubicin/paclitaxel as neoadjuvant chemotherapy in locally advanced breast cancer: a phase II trial of the NSABP Foundation Research GroupJohn T Hamm
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Operations Office and Biostatistical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 8:257-63. 2008..This trial also evaluated the feasibility of tissue collection for gene-expression profiling...
- Drug developmentPriya Rastogi
From the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX MD Anderson Cancer Center Orlando, Orlando, FL University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book 2013:73-9. 2013..New agents are being evaluated in patients with high-risk residual disease following standard treatment regimens...
- Update on breast cancer preventionPriya Rastogi
Breast Cancer Prevention Program, Magee Women s Hospital University of Pittsburgh, Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology Oncology, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 17:799-805; discussion 808-10, 813. 2003..The Study of Tamoxifen and Raloxifene is designed to compare the efficacy of tamoxifen and raloxifene in reducing breast cancer risk. Aromatase inhibitors will also be studied in the setting of chemoprevention for breast cancer...