Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Clinical diagnostic criteria and classification controversies in frontotemporal lobar degenerationKatya Rascovsky
Department of Neurology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Int Rev Psychiatry 25:145-58. 2013....
- Sensitivity of revised diagnostic criteria for the behavioural variant of frontotemporal dementiaKatya Rascovsky
Department of Neurology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, 3 West Gates, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Brain 134:2456-77. 2011..Future studies will be needed to establish the reliability and specificity of these revised diagnostic guidelines...
- Comparative semantic profiles in semantic dementia and Alzheimer's diseaseDavid J Libon
Department of Neurology, Drexel University, 245 North 15th Street, 7th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Brain 136:2497-509. 2013..We discuss factors that may contribute to the semantic memory deficit in semantic variant primary progressive aphasia. ..
- Differentiating primary progressive aphasias in a brief sample of connected speechSharon Ash
Department of Neurology, Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Neurology 81:329-36. 2013....
- Cognitive decline and reduced survival in C9orf72 expansion frontotemporal degeneration and amyotrophic lateral sclerosisDavid J Irwin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Center for Neurodegenerative Disease Research, Alzheimer s Disease Core Center, Institute on Aging, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 84:163-9. 2013..To clarify this issue, we compared a large C9P cohort with carefully matched non-expansion (C9N) cases with a known or highly-suspected underlying TAR DNA-binding protein 43 (TDP-43) proteinopathy...
- Grammatical comprehension deficits in non-fluent/agrammatic primary progressive aphasiaDorothy Charles
Department of Neurology and Penn FTD Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 85:249-56. 2014..Grammatical comprehension difficulty is an essential supporting feature of the non-fluent/agrammatic variant of primary progressive aphasia (naPPA), but well-controlled clinical measures of grammatical comprehension are unavailable...
- Sparse canonical correlation analysis relates network-level atrophy to multivariate cognitive measures in a neurodegenerative populationBrian B Avants
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Neuroimage 84:698-711. 2014..In conclusion, we show that multivariate techniques identify biologically-plausible brain regions supporting specific cognitive domains. The findings are identified in training data and confirmed in test data. ..
- Self-appraisal in behavioural variant frontotemporal degenerationLauren Massimo
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, Gates Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 84:148-53. 2013..We examined whether a domain-specific versus multi-domain model best explains degraded self-appraisal in bvFTD...
- Differential longitudinal decline on the mini-mental state examination in frontotemporal lobar degeneration and Alzheimer diseaseKay See Tan
Departments of Biostatistics and Epidemiology Neurology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Department of Neurology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 27:310-5. 2013..To examine how phenotype affects longitudinal decline on the Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE) in patients with frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD) and Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- The neural basis for establishing a focal point in pure coordination gamesCorey T McMillan
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 7:881-7. 2012..g. is 'John' a frequent boy's name), a hierarchical mechanism that iteratively models an opponent's likely response and a mechanism involved in social perspective taking...
- Interrater reliability of the new criteria for behavioral variant frontotemporal dementiaAmanda K Lamarre
Memory and Aging Center, Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, USA
Neurology 80:1973-7. 2013..To evaluate the interrater reliability of the new International Behavioural Variant FTD Criteria Consortium (FTDC) criteria for behavioral variant frontotemporal dementia (bvFTD)...