Affiliation: University of California
- Diagnostic criteria for the behavioral variant of frontotemporal dementia (bvFTD): current limitations and future directionsKatya Rascovsky
Memory and Aging Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 21:S14-8. 2007..In this article, we discuss the limitations of current diagnostic criteria and propose the establishment of an international consortium to revise diagnostic and research criteria for the behavioral variant of frontotemporal dementia...
- Disparate letter and semantic category fluency deficits in autopsy-confirmed frontotemporal dementia and Alzheimer's diseaseKatya Rascovsky
Department of Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Neuropsychology 21:20-30. 2007..These unique patterns of letter and semantic category fluency deficits may be indicative of differences in the relative contribution of frontal-lobe-mediated retrieval deficits and temporal-lobe-mediated semantic deficits in FTD and AD...
- 'The quicksand of forgetfulness': semantic dementia in One hundred years of solitudeKatya Rascovsky
Memory and Aging Center, UCSF Department of Neurology, San Francisco, CA 94143 1207, USA
Brain 132:2609-16. 2009..The novel also provides an inspiring and human account of one town's fight against 'the quicksand of forgetfulness'...
- Early features in frontotemporal dementiaAna MarÃa Villamizar Caycedo
Memory and Aging Center, Department of Neurology, UCSF, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 6:337-40. 2009..Treatment is currently focused around symptoms but disease-modifying therapies seem feasible...
- Comparative semantic profiles in semantic dementia and Alzheimer's diseaseDavid J Libon
Department of Neurology, Drexel University, 245 North 15th Street, 7th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Brain 136:2497-509. 2013..We discuss factors that may contribute to the semantic memory deficit in semantic variant primary progressive aphasia. ..
- Distinct cognitive profiles and rates of decline on the Mattis Dementia Rating Scale in autopsy-confirmed frontotemporal dementia and Alzheimer's diseaseKatya Rascovsky
Memory and Aging Center, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 14:373-83. 2008..8 points/year) on MDRS total and specific subscale scores. These results suggest that the MDRS may be a useful adjunct to other clinical measures for distinguishing FTD from AD and tracking the progression of the disorder...
- Self-appraisal in behavioural variant frontotemporal degenerationLauren Massimo
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, Gates Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 84:148-53. 2013..We examined whether a domain-specific versus multi-domain model best explains degraded self-appraisal in bvFTD...
- Sensitivity of revised diagnostic criteria for the behavioural variant of frontotemporal dementiaKatya Rascovsky
Department of Neurology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, 3 West Gates, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Brain 134:2456-77. 2011..Future studies will be needed to establish the reliability and specificity of these revised diagnostic guidelines...
- Frontal paralimbic network atrophy in very mild behavioral variant frontotemporal dementiaWilliam W Seeley
UCSF Memory and Aging Center, University of California San Francisco, 350 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 1207, USA
Arch Neurol 65:249-55. 2008..Behavioral variant frontotemporal dementia (bvFTD) strikes hardest at the frontal lobes, but the sites of earliest injury remain unclear...
- The Philadelphia Brief Assessment of Cognition (PBAC): a validated screening measure for dementiaDavid J Libon
Department of Neurology, Drexel University College of Medicine, 245 North 15th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 25:1314-30. 2011..The PBAC is a valid tool and able to assesses differential patterns neuropsychological/behavioral impairment in a broad range of neurodegenerative conditions...
- Differentiating primary progressive aphasias in a brief sample of connected speechSharon Ash
Department of Neurology, Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Neurology 81:329-36. 2013....
- The early neuropsychological and behavioral characteristics of frontotemporal dementiaDana Wittenberg
Memory and Aging Center, University of California San Francisco Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Neuropsychol Rev 18:91-102. 2008..As this review underscores, frontotemporal dementia remains a powerful model for studying brain-behavior relationships...
- International approaches to frontotemporal dementia diagnosis: from social cognition to neuropsychologyBruce L Miller
UCSF Memory and Aging Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Ann Neurol 54:S7-10. 2003
- Clinical diagnostic criteria and classification controversies in frontotemporal lobar degenerationKatya Rascovsky
Department of Neurology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Int Rev Psychiatry 25:145-58. 2013....
- The neural basis for establishing a focal point in pure coordination gamesCorey T McMillan
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 7:881-7. 2012..g. is 'John' a frequent boy's name), a hierarchical mechanism that iteratively models an opponent's likely response and a mechanism involved in social perspective taking...
- ApoE and TDP-43 neuropathology in two siblings with familial FTLD-motor neuron diseaseKeith A Vossel
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Neurocase 19:295-301. 2013..Although differences seen in a sibling pair could arise due to chance, these findings raise the possibility that apoE4 exacerbates brain pathology in FTLD through formation of neurotoxic apoE fragments and interactions with TDP-43...
- Interrater reliability of the new criteria for behavioral variant frontotemporal dementiaAmanda K Lamarre
Memory and Aging Center, Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, USA
Neurology 80:1973-7. 2013..To evaluate the interrater reliability of the new International Behavioural Variant FTD Criteria Consortium (FTDC) criteria for behavioral variant frontotemporal dementia (bvFTD)...